Whitaker Bank / KHSAA Quarterfinals: Fern Creek/Covington Catholic predictions

Who wins?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Fern Creek Tigers
    • Covington Catholic Colonels

Cov Cath has been looking for this one for almost 3 months now, after being handed their first loss of the season by Fern Creek back on December 22nd in the King Of The Bluegrass. The Colonels are currently on a 20-game win streak, and the Tigers are on a 8-game win streak.

Most polls have had these two teams in arms reach of one another for the last couple of months.

Who comes away with the win tonight at Rupp? Tipoff at 8:00pm.

This will be a great game. Fern Creek may have the edge. They like to get up and down the floor which will take the big man Jake right out of the game. He can’t keep up at all.

Walter has always been pretty underwhelming to me. While his size is a huge advantage against some teams, CovCath doesn't need him to beat FC, because of how efficient they are.

If CCH doesn't turn the ball over and Ruthsatz stays out of foul trouble the edge goes to CCH. If FC creates havoc forcing TO's and dictates the speed of the of the game (up tempo) edge goes to FC. CCH does not have capable depth beyond AR at the PG position that can handle constant pressure IMO which is why AR must stay out of foul trouble.

Has potential to be a great game!

In the 70 - 62 win that Fern Creek had on Dec 22, CCH was leading by 7 entering Q4.

FC turned up the pressure in Q4 and CCH collapsed.

FC also shot incredibly well from the field which will be hard to repeat.

The bigger court shall help CCH with the pressure but may hurt them when FC starts to run.

CCH has matured against the press but I think they need to get the guards occasional rest and do believe Disken and Luke Thelen offer good backups.

Scoring in the previous game:

Ruthsatz - 20

Fredrick - 13

Walter - 11

AJ Maher - did not play and should be a factor tonight

Wickliffe - 21 - 72% from the field

Price - 19 - 70% from the field

Wales - 17 - 58% from the field

CCH by 5+ tonight!

Question for my NKY fellows. Campbell Co plays the game before, should we expect a large crowd for the whole

Game or just toward the end of the 3rd quarter? Be nice to have a pro NKY crowd for both but understand that the NCAA is going on. Will be listening from home. Go CC and CovCath

Covington Catholic has best player in tournament and best back court. Covington Catholic by 15.

I’m a faithful KSR listener. Yesterday’s broadcast must of mentioned five times that no one will sniff Scott Co son enjoy they beat Trinity. Today said it a couple times. I fully believe CovCath can. Can’t look that far ahead yet, thoughh