Trevon Faulkner Wins Mr. Basketball

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, we didn't do this with CJ's thread on the Gatorade POY so let's not question Trevon's selection. Let's congratulate a wonderful young man who was voted Mr. Basketball. He is deserving because he won it.

Has zero to do with Fredrick their were four more players who are better in my opinion. That’s all. Kunkle isn’t better than Trevon come on man.

Everyone gets their opinion if he was that good his team would be playing at state, and would be ranked in state top 20 and not going to NKU

I don't understand your logic. You gave three reasons why it shouldn't be him but your names don't meet those either.

Not on a top 20 team- The last poll had Mercer in the top 20

Didn't take his team to Rupp- Kunkle didn't do that either

"Just" going to NKU- I wouldn't consider St. Louis or Belmont much better destinations right now. Scrubb has 1 D1 offer that we know of from WKU and I believe from an article I read he may not even be eligible for D1 next year.

I agree that we have lots of deserving kids out there this year. Your opinion on the ones you think are more deserving is fine, but the logic contradicts itself

I don't understand your logic. You gave three reasons why it shouldn't be him but your names don't meet those either.

"Just" going to NKU- I wouldn't consider St. Louis or Belmont much better destinations right now. Scrubb has 1 D1 offer that we know of from WKU and I believe from an article I read he may not even be eligible for D1 next year.

I agree that we have lots of deserving kids out there this year. Your opinion on the ones you think are more deserving is fine, but the logic contradicts itself

Scrubb is only ineligible due to academics. If those were in order he'd be having D1 offers.

Scrubb is only ineligible due to academics. If those were in order he'd be having D1 offers.

Lol, "only ineligible due to academics." Last time I checked, academics were pretty important in high school! How is he even playing at Trinity?

CONGRATS TREVON!

Lol, "only ineligible due to academics." Last time I checked, academics were pretty important in high school! How is he even playing at Trinity?

CONGRATS TREVON!

The academic standards to be eligible according to KHSAA is pretty low, really. You just have to be passing 4 hours of the 6 hour school day. That could be all D's. Academic standards to be eligible as a freshman in D1 are higher. They take ACT into account as well.

CONGRATS TREVON!

Congrats to Trevon but in my opinion Fredrick Kunkle are better

Okay here is my logic

1- FRedrick did all three. Team was top 5 all year brutal schedule, led team to Rupp and if this site reports facts he had many big offers.

2- Scrubbs- team was top 5, team at Rupp, highly recruited. Easily most talented senior in state. No knowledge of his grades or upbringing.

3-Kunkle- top5-6 all year, beast at KOB, got beat by arguably best team in state in a dog fight and played good schedule. Belmont is better than NKU and no one is arguing that.

4- Mickey Pierson - top 10 team, led team to Rupp going to St Louis.

I have nothing agaisnt Faulkner just feel others were more deserving.

Everyone gets their opinion if he was that good his team would be playing at state, and would be ranked in state top 20 and not going to NKU

It's an individual honor based on high school accomplishments and not on collegiate potential, although his college potential is as good as anyone in his class.:irked:

CONGRATS TREVON!

Trinity offers curriculum for all levels of academics.