Favorite College Football Traditions

oldrambler

Texas A & M has many great traditions. In addition to the ones listed above by GCT, they have the Elephant Walk, no one campus walks on the grass, no hats in buildings, The Corps, etc. Unbelievable tradition.

Notre Dame, as much as I'm not a fan, have great traditions. Tapping the sign, the re-painted gold helmets each week, the Dorms' loyalties in the stands...great stuff.

Michigan....the fight song. The stadium. The simplicity of the uniforms. Classic.

OSU. Dotting the I. The best darn band in the land. "Hang on Sloopy." Etc....

Ole Miss...the Grove. 'Nuff said.

Nebraska: earning your Blackshirt.

Colorado, running with the Buffalo before the game.

LSU, Death Valley night games. "Geaux Tigers" posters (does that ever get old? I don't think so).

Tennessee, players leading the band in RockyTop after the game. Heck, as much as I hate to hear it, RockyTop is a great tradition.

I love College sports....

Card March at the Pizza Box! :ylsuper: :banana: :ylsuper:

I attended UL in the early 90's when football was much different there. I had the opportunity to attend the Homecoming game and go the Card March. Football is a whole new world there now. I think this is quickly becoming one of the best "new" traditions in College Football.

What is not to love about Kentucky's tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Generations of Big Blue Fiathful have been able to share in the collective pain of last minute losses to Flrida, LSU, and a variety of other upper crust SEC teams on the gridiron. :thumb: In all honestly my favorite traditions are with Notre Dame. The walk to the stadium with the throngs of fans, Touchdown Jesus, the legendary ghosts the inhabit the hallowed ground in South Bend. Gives me chills and I am not even a big Notre Dame fan.

UK Tailgating is pretty awesome. You would think that they were good the way they party at Commonwealth. Maybe they party and enjoy before the game so much because there is nothing to enjoy during the game.

Also the Biggest Cocktail Party in Jacksonville, Dawgs vs. Gators, is pretty darn awesome. Been there and it was amazing.

Howard's Rock - Clemson University

Running through the "Power T" - University of Tennessee

The visitor's Pink Locker Room at Kinnick Stadium - University of Iowa

Chief Osceola & Renegade planting the Flaming Spear at the 50 Yardline - Florida State University (I hate FSU, but it's still a neat tradition.)