Open Job: Covington Holy Cross

Rumor has it Kenny Shields was spotted at Goodtimers meeting with the Indians top brass....

As intriguing as this sounds, I'm detecting sarcasm? :idunno:

My apologies if you're truly onto something, but my gut reaction says "not a chance".

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it Kenny Shields was spotted at Goodtimers meeting with the Indians top brass....

As intriguing as this sounds, I'm detecting sarcasm? :idunno:

My apologies if you're truly onto something, but my gut reaction says "not a chance".

Not as the coach maybe? As an advisor, or as part of the selection committee, absolutely. Good move on HC's part if Coach Shields is a part of the process.

I don't think Kes leaves the girl's team to coach the boy's team. He would be leaving alot of talent and would have to rebuild the structure he likes. If you have watched any of his teams, then you would see that. With the talent he has coming back, I don't see him leaving the girls side but if he does it wont be for another job at HC.

Dre would be the logical choice but since when have school administration made the logical decision?

If Im making the call at Holy Cross Im heading to Park Hills and snagging one of the assistants from Covington Catholic. Ruthsatz is as good of a coach the state has seen and I start with Joe Fredrick. If he says no I go to Matt Stevens. If he says No I go to their young assistants. Ruthsatz learned from Hurley Im sure these guys have learned from Ruthsatz. Im a Holy Cross supporter give me anyone of the three- four assistants and Im happy. You may hit a home run with Fredrick but I hear he and Ruthstaz are all in together for life wherever Ruthsatz is he is. So that may be tougher.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy Cross needs a coach who knows the school and its place within the community.

Fredrick's name has been mentioned and I think it popped up the last time it was open. From what I hear is that I don't think it is a match.

Jeff Trame is a name that has been mentioned.

Andre McClendon is a real possibility.

Kes Murphy is another name that has been bantered about.

Dave Bezold would be a excellent hire, but not sure if he leaves his role at Xavier. If Neal gets another year, I don't see him leaving Victory Parkway.

If Trame gets it would be a fun game to watch when they play Holmes.

All arrows pointing to Frederick From Covington Catholic. Two state championships a semis and two regional finals. His skill development and bond with players is second to none. I’m sure Covington Catholic and the Colonel families will do everything to talk him out of this one.

All arrows pointing to Frederick From Covington Catholic. Two state championships a semis and two regional finals. His skill development and bond with players is second to none. I’m sure Covington Catholic and the Colonel families will do everything to talk him out of this one.

Are you really serious ?

Telling what I’m told not selling a thing. He def would be the perfect fit but I’m told by Covington Catholic folks he locked with Ruthsatz.

If "locked with Ruthsatz", why would he even be talking with HC about employment? This is just too hard to buy.

If "locked with Ruthsatz", why would he even be talking with HC about employment? This is just too hard to buy.

I’m told by a HC administrator have met HC felt really good about it and when you talk to Convington Catholic folks they say he would never leave the kids at Covington Catholic. I’m agreeing with you just hard to know who to believe more I guess.