March 6, 20188 yr It's that time of year where lots of programs are making changes at the top. The current list of schools who are either looking for a new head man or currently using an interim coach.... Louisville Ole Miss Colorado State Charlotte East Carolina Missouri State UTEP Eastern Kentucky Pepperdine Marist Bryant Western Carolina UC Riverside McNeese State USC Upstate Longwood Delaware State Cal State Northridge
March 6, 20188 yr Author Penny to Memphis? If Tubby doesn't survive this season, I'd imagine he'd be the guy.
March 7, 20188 yr About Tubby. After the USF upset last week, I spent some time perusing Memphis's main fan board. The fans want him out, but my impression was that the AD was going to give him more time. They play USF again Thursday afternoon in the first round of the AAC Tournament. If the Tigers lose that one, things may change.
March 8, 20188 yr Author Pittsburgh has fired Kevin Stallings....Danny Hurley has to be the odds on guy for that job.
March 8, 20188 yr Did Dixon leave the cupboards bare and get while the getting was good, or did Stallings just mess things up that bad? Or somewhere in between?
March 8, 20188 yr About Tubby. After the USF upset last week, I spent some time perusing Memphis's main fan board. The fans want him out, but my impression was that the AD was going to give him more time. They play USF again Thursday afternoon in the first round of the AAC Tournament. If the Tigers lose that one, things may change. I think you are right. The team had been showing promise, ironically after losing their leading scorer. That came crashing down in a big way last week as Memphis didn't even show up for the USF game and absorbed their worst home defeat EVER. They did bounce back on Saturday, but I think it is too late. I like Tubby, and I hoped he would do well at Memphis. However, he has not endeared himself to the local basketball establishment, and that is a must to be successful in Memphis. Memphis basketball was always a hot ticket, and the seats are empty now. Regardless of his buyout, a move must be made. Penny is there and ready, and he is loved in Memphis. Also, he coaches one of, if not the top 2019 prospects at East High School. It would be foolish of the AD to not move at the conclusion of this season unless Memphis suddenly makes a push in the AAC tournament and makes the NCAA tournament which would make it uncomfortable at least. The probability of that is very low.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.