What Do You Consider Inappropriate Chants/ Behavior for Student Cheering Sections??

Science Friction

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere along the line families have lost their way and they don't even know it. So, children aren't being raised by anyone sometimes.

No doubt. When I heard what I thought was a despicable chant the other night, I thought that these kids need a good talking to by the adults in their lives. Maybe some of them don't have adults in their lives or , who knows, maybe the adults in their lives is where they learned such disgusting behavior.

No doubt. When I heard what I thought was a despicable chant the other night, I thought that these kids need a good talking to by the adults in their lives. Maybe some of them don't have adults in their lives or , who knows, maybe the adults in their lives is where they learned such disgusting behavior.

You'd probably get a high percentage of wins behind Door #3.

Again, for those who say anything in college goes. A few years ago a player you may remember by the name of J.J. Reddick and his Duke team was playing on the road before a homestanding ACC rival crowd(not sure, but I believe it was Maryland). Now, J.J. wasn't exactly my favorite player , to be sure. However, I think there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, no matter how much you detest a player.

One fan held up a crude homemade sign saying something to the effect of "I sexually assaulted your sister"(except the wording was more obscene than that). Reddick's sister was 12 y.o. at the time. Anyone really think that's okay???

Not in my universe...

Humor is fine but vulgarity and insensitivity for someone's personal misfortunes and family tragedies should be unacceptable.

Steve Kerr's father was President of the American University of Beirut and was murdered in the Middle East back , I think , around 1984. When Steve was a senior for Arizona and playing a game against homestanding Arizona State, a few of the students chanted "P-L-O ," "P-L-O " at Kerr. Unacceptable...

That’s the one I remember.

What about when the other team is shooting freethrows and the crazies chant "He's Scared, He's Shakin, He knows he ain't gonna make it!!" I think its funny, but it is directed at a single opponent.

How about shouting "Air Ball" when the other team shoots an air ball? I think its okay but I like pushing the envelope on chants.

A few years ago Grant County was playing the Williamstown Demons and some fans dressed up as Monks and were pointing their crosses at the "Demon" players. I though it was funny but some Williamstown parents acted like they had never been insulted so bad in their life.

What about when the other team is shooting freethrows and the crazies chant "He's Scared, He's Shakin, He knows he ain't gonna make it!!" I think its funny, but it is directed at a single opponent.

How about shouting "Air Ball" when the other team shoots an air ball? I think its okay but I like pushing the envelope on chants.

A few years ago Grant County was playing the Williamstown Demons and some fans dressed up as Monks and were pointing their crosses at the "Demon" players. I though it was funny but some Williamstown parents acted like they had never been insulted so bad in their life.

No problem with any of those...