Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Old Rivalry - Male vs. Manual

Featured Replies

I think it's safe to say most people will say Male wins this one. Most of those most will say Male wins it very easily.

 

I won't be one of those people. You might even say I CAN'T be one of those people.

 

Male has it's obvious strengths. Manual has showed some weaknesses, but they've also showed they can overcome those weaknesses. Manual has not given up in a single game they've played this year (or so I've been given such an impression). I predict a much better game than many will anticipate.

 

I'll say Manual's defense is going to have to be ON in this game. Beaumont will still score, because he's Beaumont.

 

Manual's offense better be driven.

 

Male gets stunned in a...

 

Manual- 36

Male- 31

 

...loss. :scared:

  • Replies 91
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ram, Ram, Ram, its too early to say anything, but I'll show this to my son and he'll pass it along to Doug and the boys. Good luck to the Rams. I went to Manual in the 7th grade many years ago so I always pull for them, but not this week.

  • Author

ttt

 

Since I won't be at this game (the first time since... some point in the 90's), I'm at least going to hype up my Crimsons.

 

BOO MALE!!!

GO RAMS!!!

Where is the game being played?

  • Author
Ram, Ram, Ram, its too early to say anything, but I'll show this to my son and he'll pass it along to Doug and the boys. Good luck to the Rams. I went to Manual in the 7th grade many years ago so I always pull for them, but not this week.

 

Oh, it's the PERFECT time to say something, Larry!

 

(I've had lots of friends and family at Male, and I like to see Manual's rival be a WORTHY rival so in a way, I pull for them when they don't play Manual)

 

But still, one of my greatest all time memories was in '01. That was too long ago.

 

GET BACK THAT BARREL!!!

No, I need a break we got the vols in a hour and a soccer tourney tomorrow, so give me a few days. I did print off your score for the Board. Now my Senior will look at it and grin and won't take it to school. The kid wants to be a Preacher and says the prayer before every game for the squad. But his Dad will try to get it to someone. Should be fun Friday look me up I'll be wearing a Male Cap and Jacket.

  • Author
No, I need a break we got the vols in a hour and a soccer tourney tomorrow, so give me a few days. I did print off your score for the Board. Now my Senior will look at it and grin and won't take it to school. The kid wants to be a Preacher and says the prayer before every game for the squad. But his Dad will try to get it to someone. Should be fun Friday look me up I'll be wearing a Male Cap and Jacket.

 

Looking to stand out, eh?:lol: I hope your son has fun on Friday. I hope his team loses, but I hope a good time is had.

 

But I can't wait to see what other people post. I can pretty much assure you my locker room material will be the ONLY locker room material for the Bulldogs. And hey, for such a big rivalry, I was pretty nice about it.:D

Maybe the Crimsons sneak in and win this one to really mess up the standings in the district.

Ram, Ram, Ram, its too early to say anything, but I'll show this to my son and he'll pass it along to Doug and the boys. Good luck to the Rams. I went to Manual in the 7th grade many years ago so I always pull for them, but not this week.

 

Hey Alabama, stay out of it!!! :laugh:

 

No need to pass on any "bulletin board material".

 

I am sure they need very little motivation at H. You need to get a check for your pulse if you can't get yourself pumped for this game!!!

I gave the post to my son to post on the board and he replied "Dad its Male / Manual week we don't need any material to get us fired up". So I got the post and put it on the fridge.

I gave the post to my son to post on the board and he replied "Dad its Male / Manual week we don't need any material to get us fired up". So I got the post and put it on the fridge.
I remember when I played, I HATED Male, it was truely an unhealthy and immature type of hatred. I don't feel that way anymore, as I probably work with and around more Male people than Manual these days, even my roomate is a Male grad. But unless things have changed, I agree with your son, there is no need for material to get up for this game.

 

Manual could win 2-0 off a bad call and I would be happy. Whatever it takes, I'll take any win over the Bulldogs.

It is more of a respectful hatred on my part. Of course it is really hard to swallow any loss to Male. The fashion in which the last two losses have occurred really makes it harder to accept. Sounds like there might be a Fangman II at Male now with the PAT kick made under the conditions the place kicker made the PAT versus St.X.

I love this rivalry. I remember the 63-0 game. Any chance Male lets down after the X game?

I love this rivalry. I remember the 63-0 game. Any chance Male lets down after the X game?
Absolutely there is.

 

Even when Manual isn't a real contender, they can play with Male. It's just the nature of this game, and the fact that X and Male tilt the week before doesn't help. Look at the 2003 (I believe) game, when Manual didn't even make the playoffs in an injury plagued season, and it was still a competitve tilt.

 

My personal prediction will be a little later in the week, but you can't convince me that this will be a blowout, not after the game Male had last week and wrapping up the #1 seed (in a three team tie, which is what would occur were Manual to win and X not have the letdown of the century against Butler, Male winds up on top) and the recent history of this series.

 

 

Go Rams! Beat Dogs!

  • Author
I gave the post to my son to post on the board and he replied "Dad its Male / Manual week we don't need any material to get us fired up". So I got the post and put it on the fridge.

 

You should look up threads in the past. There's bound to be better bulletin material.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.