Fredrick and Kunkel named Co-Players of the Year

Is this the correct call by the coaches? You know where I stand. Looks like the coaches were split on the two players. Story is here from N. Ky. Tribune.

Two seniors share Division I Player of the Year in boys’ basketball after coaches’ voting ends in tie | NKyTribune

Yes we know where you stand, please take a seat now, it"s over, let it rest. The correct decisions were made.

Yes we know where you stand, please take a seat now, it"s over, let it rest. The correct decisions were made.

I agree both are very deserving and also last year in the game that really mattered Kunkel out scored Fredrick 24-7 in the 9th region final maybe that also weighed on the coaches minds as well.

You can't go wrong with either player. Not often the 9th gets two players who can finish near the top of Mr Basketball in the same year. If I had a Mr BBall vote I'd have both of them near the top and that includes being over who I think will win which is Faulkner. Before anyone gets sideways as we are wont to do in these threads I'll take all 3 on my team. I just think the production that CJ and Kunkel have had against a tougher schedule than Mercer County warrants the vote.

CCH Cooper is a must-see at BBT next week.

You can't go wrong with either player. Not often the 9th gets two players who can finish near the top of Mr Basketball in the same year. If I had a Mr BBall vote I'd have both of them near the top and that includes being over who I think will win which is Faulkner. Before anyone gets sideways as we are wont to do in these threads I'll take all 3 on my team. I just think the production that CJ and Kunkel have had against a tougher schedule than Mercer County warrants the vote.

CCH Cooper is a must-see at BBT next week.

The tougher schedule argument did not carry the day in Mr. Football voting.

Tonight vs Beechwood : Fredrick had 21 on 9/12 shooting 3/4 from 3. 6 assists 4 steals. Played maybe 3 quarters.

Stats from their last loss against WW:

Cov. Cath : 15-0

24.5 ppg.

65% FG

55.0% 3Fg

5.0 app.

Like I said before Adam Kunkel is a good player. CJ had a better year! It’s a joke how they vote on them! Run away player of the year!

Edited by MidwestUnited