McDaniels Turns Indianapolis Down

I can see there isn't any point in continuing the debate if this is seriously where your mind is in regards to McDaniels.

I really like Tebow and wish there were more out there like him in regards to humans. But as a NFL QB, he was garbage and they wasn't changing. He just couldn't make the throws and his accuracy was terrible. He made a huge mistake not changing positions coming in.

So basically, if you think McDaniels can be a successful HC, there's no point in having a conversation with you.

He was a coach for 1.5 years, and was only 33 years old. Forgive me for thinking he's better prepared for it this time around.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see there isn't any point in continuing the debate if this is seriously where your mind is in regards to McDaniels.

I really like Tebow and wish there were more out there like him in regards to humans. But as a NFL QB, he was garbage and they wasn't changing. He just couldn't make the throws and his accuracy was terrible. He made a huge mistake not changing positions coming in.

He could change position to chaplain. That would be a good fit. I happen to know the guy that used to be the chaplain of the NE Patriots. Maybe I could connect them and my friend could introduce Tebow to someone within the organization.

So basically, if you think McDaniels can be a successful HC, there's no point in having a conversation with you.

He was a coach for 1.5 years, and was only 33 years old. Forgive me for thinking he's better prepared for it this time around.

That's not what I said. If you came at this using the logic in your second sentence, I could agree. But if you can't admit it was a colossal foul up to draft Tebow in the first round, then that's what I'm talking about. McDaniel's only lasted for 1.5 years in Denver for a reason.

Are we seriously taking the position that it was a good decision because they won 1 playoff game that he started?

What would all of the teams without a playoff win in the last 15-20 years say? They'd draft their grandpa and cut their grandma if they thought they could make the playoffs and win a game...:lol2:

That's not what I said. If you came at this using the logic in your second sentence, I could agree. But if you can't admit it was a colossal foul up to draft Tebow in the first round, then that's what I'm talking about. McDaniel's only lasted for 1.5 years in Denver for a reason.

Because he tried to instill the NE culture and the players couldn't handle it.

As for Tebow being a failure, I can't say it was or wasn't. He wasn't given a fair shake IMO. Regardless, if screwing up a first round pick was grounds to never be given another shot as a HC, there wouldn't be a single coach left in the league...

Gimme a break. :lol2:

You can laugh about it all you want, but it's true. Read up on the relationship between him and Belichick. He tried to mirror what Belichick had created in NE. The players in Denver couldn't stand him, he benched guys for undisclosed reasons, he traded away or attempted to trade away key players.

You can laugh about it all you want, but it's true. Read up on the relationship between him and Belichick. He tried to mirror what Belichick had created in NE. The players in Denver couldn't stand him, he benched guys for undisclosed reasons, he traded away or attempted to trade away key players.

So he wasn't a good HC, is what you're saying. :lol2:

Didn't Belichik pull the same shenanigans with the Jets? Or was that Parcells? Regardless, one of those two changed his mind on a head coaching job and I don't think it had much impact on their career.

Actually it's starting to look like McDaniels is modeling his career path after Belichick... Failure in his first go-round as a head coach and getting fired, jerking around a team that offered him a head coaching job, being an assistant for a Hall of Fame coach...

Because he tried to instill the NE culture and the players couldn't handle it.

As for Tebow being a failure, I can't say it was or wasn't. He wasn't given a fair shake IMO. Regardless, if screwing up a first round pick was grounds to never be given another shot as a HC, there wouldn't be a single coach left in the league...

It wasn't just the Tebow issue. There were several issues with him in charge. Again, that's why he did make to the end of his second year. You could be right, he was young and really just wasn't ready. Could be completely different now. The problem for McDaniels is we have that history to look at and it wasn't good.

So he wasn't a good HC, is what you're saying. :lol2:

I think he was in over his head at the time, and tried to change the culture before he gained the respect of his players. Belichick does all of that stuff in NE, and has been quite successful with it. The players in NE may not like him, but the respect him.

I've been saying it on here for quite a while, go look at all the Bengals threads where his name was brought up as a HC candidate....In the right situation, I think he'll be great. I could see a repeat of Denver if he ends up in the wrong spot.

Didn't Belichik pull the same shenanigans with the Jets? Or was that Parcells? Regardless, one of those two changed his mind on a head coaching job and I don't think it had much impact on their career.

Actually it's starting to look like McDaniels is modeling his career path after Belichick... Failure in his first go-round as a head coach and getting fired, jerking around a team that offered him a head coaching job, being an assistant for a Hall of Fame coach...

It was Belichick.

The final straw for McDaniels in Denver was the team’s videographer filming the 49ers walkthrough (sounds familiar). Denver ownership was embarrassed by the incident. He was out not long thereafter. Sure if he was winning things would have been different, but it was still a bad look.

Edited by bugatti