McDaniels Turns Indianapolis Down

a} Easier to stay where you are than move both organizationally and personally.

b) In the long run New England a better ownership position than Indy.

c) If it were me, I'd rather live in New England than Indy.

d) I read a great tweet that stated the Indy organization is deflated by this.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So drafting Tebow in the first round was a good decision?

I mean, the point of the game is to win playoff games, right? He did that when he was given a shot. I'm of the belief that Tebow was not given a fair shake in the NFL, but that's a topic for a completely different thread we've had on here far too many times.

Head coaching jobs don’t often come available and opportunities don’t always exist. I’d say McDaniels is in line for the New England job.... Gotta wonder if that is his only opportunity now. The Boys Club isn’t generally fond of people that jack around their system.

He's toast the way he jerked people around.

Bengal fans would take a waterboy in the first round if it meant actually winning a Playoff game the next year! So yeah, it worked out fine for them.

Are we seriously taking the position that it was a good decision because they won 1 playoff game that he started?

I mean, the point of the game is to win playoff games, right? He did that when he was given a shot. I'm of the belief that Tebow was not given a fair shake in the NFL, but that's a topic for a completely different thread we've had on here far too many times.

I can see there isn't any point in continuing the debate if this is seriously where your mind is in regards to McDaniels.

I really like Tebow and wish there were more out there like him in regards to humans. But as a NFL QB, he was garbage and they wasn't changing. He just couldn't make the throws and his accuracy was terrible. He made a huge mistake not changing positions coming in.

I think McDaniels is better off in NE where he won't have to rebuild the whole culture of a team. It is already in place in NE. Yes, it is a tough act to follow (the success of BB), without the main tool BB had (Brady). But what HC doesn't think he can do it? They all have a big ego to think they can lead an NFL team to success. NE will be the shortest distance to success that McDaniels (or any HC) is going to see. I think it is a good opportunity for him.