Cardinals 3 Mets 1

A great game; I thought the Cards were done when Chavez made maybe one of the top 5 plays EVER in post-season baseball, then Rolen threw the ball into the stands in the bottom half of the inning putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

Who would have thought going into this series that Suppan and Molina would be the heroes?!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those Jr haters, wanted to point out that Pujols wasn't running hard on the popup that Delgado dropped early in the game.

Also, anyone else notice the advertising board behind home plate. Those ads are computer generated and not what is shown in the stadium. When they do a close up of the hitter, you will see that the same message board is a green screen. When they go to the view from behind the pitcher, there you see the ad.

For those Jr haters, wanted to point out that Pujols wasn't running hard on the popup that Delgado dropped early in the game.

Also, anyone else notice the advertising board behind home plate. Those ads are computer generated and not what is shown in the stadium. When they do a close up of the hitter, you will see that the same message board is a green screen. When they go to the view from behind the pitcher, there you see the ad.

True, they are green/blue screens and are used for TV games but blank from the field perspective for a player.

I told some folks at work today that I was worried about the Mets, and how they have a bad tendency to look at breaking balls...go figure they get put out on a breaking ball.....LOOKING..

I watched very little, but when Jose Valentin struck out on a breaking ball with the bases loaded and one out with the game tied, I figured the Mets would lose. They wasted a golden opportunity in that situation.

I watched very little, but when Jose Valentin struck out on a breaking ball with the bases loaded and one out with the game tied, I figured the Mets would lose. They wasted a golden opportunity in that situation.

For a good while, the Cards looked like the Reds. Couldn't get a hit with a RISP.

That was a great game.

Strike3, I was wondering the same thing, why didn't Floyd bunt? I heard either on the radio or TV, that they, Mets, should have pinch hit in that spot. And who were they discussing putting in? The Mets best bunter, Tom Glavine. I don't think I would have done that, but it could have worked. Worked for the Astros last year.

Do you think Pujols could have gotten to third on that play?

Do you think Pujols could have gotten to third on that play?

McCarver did not think so but just wanted to point out on the way to first, he was even thinking about getting to first let alone 2nd. He didn't begin running till the 1B coach yelled at him that the ball was dropped.

If people are going to rip Jr for it, be consistent and rip Pujols too. That is all I am saying.

No but just wanted to point out on the way to first, he was even thinking about getting to first let alone 2nd. He didn't begin running till the 1B coach yelled at him that the ball was dropped.

If people are going to rip Jr for it, be consistent and rip Pujols too. That is all I am saying.

If he got as far as he could have by sprinting the entire way what is there to rip?

If he got as far as he could have by sprinting the entire way what is there to rip?

So Jr is okay in not sprinting when he thinks he is out, like Pujols did last night? Or is it, it's okay to not hustle as long as you really end up getting out.

As far as going to 3B, we will never know. He was at first when the ball was dropped. Sprinting he could have been 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to 2B. Who knows. Runner at 3rd with one out is much different than runner at 2nd.