Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky/Missouri Updates

Featured Replies

See what you just said is why I posted what i said. You all said you are tired of the young team excuse. When it's not an excuse it's a fact. Which is why I brought up the best coach of all time also struggling the last 2 years to get his young but most talented teams in the country to play consistent. Last year they lost in 2nd round to a 10 seed. Then this year lost to a 10 and 13 team.

 

Freshman no matter how talented usually don't know how to play at a 100 percent consistent level all the time for all game. Most never had to play defense before until college. Most were use to dominating the ball and taking all the shots. Freshman are learning how to do that during these freshman years. So if the best coach of all time also struggles to get consistent play from freshman. Then it's not just an excuse. It just takes time.

 

Hence the reason why we usually see cals teams struggle in sec play especially on the road. It takes all year and all these learning experiences to fully understand what it takes. Which is usually why come March those young teams usually are at its best because of a whole year of getting that experience. Hence how why usually Cals teams go on runs come March.

 

So yes UK has more talent. However that talent is still learning how to play 40 minutes every game. Same thing Coach K is dealing with. It's not an excuse it's simple fact with young teams.

 

Ok, I SEE your points, I’m just not buying into it. I sincerely hope you are correct.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They played almost as bad vs Vandy but they weren’t as good as MO. Knox can’t disappear like this and KY win on the road.

To put it another way, would a # 50 recruit that is a say junior, out play a top 10 freshman?

 

Yes at this point on the season, yes very possible. A junior who has 2 years of college experience. Vs. A freshman who last year played high school. It literally as we have seen takes all season of learning for some freshman to get what it takes. No matter how talented they are. Once they get it, that talent does over rule. Which is why come March under Cal we been one of the top teams.

I’m just asking, I really don’t know know where the 5 ky starters ranked against the 5 Mizzu starters, but I’d bet on a average ky’s ranked higher.

Most of Missouri’s main players are juniors and seniors. The good shooting guard is a graduate transfer. They’ve got experience. Maybe not as talented as Kentucky but as the old saying goes ‘They’ve been around the block a few times’ in this level of the game.

Ok, I SEE your points, I’m just not buying into it. I sincerely hope you are correct.

 

What exactly are you not buying into? The fact every year we see teams who rely on freshman go through struggles during regular season. Especially on the road? I mean you literally was saying same things last year. Yet come March we were one of the best and hottest teams. It took a last second shot to the eventual National Champs to knock them out.

Two walks by Missouri uncalled and a bail out foul whistle.

What exactly are you not buying into? The fact every year we see teams who rely on freshman go through struggles during regular season. Especially on the road? I mean you literally was saying same things last year. Yet come March we were one of the best and hottest teams. It took a last second shot to the eventual National Champs to knock them out.

 

I’m not buying into that this bunch can improve enough to be a contender come tournament time. And again, I hope I’m wrong, I don’t remember what I said last year, and I’m not going to take the time and effort to check what you or myself said. I guess I’m a half empty glass with this bunch and your a half full.

Unless the offensive flow of UK changes drastically they can’t erase this big of a lead

Unless the offensive flow of UK changes drastically they can’t erase this big of a lead

Theyre not going to beat anyone of halfway quality with Knox scoring 6 points.

I’m not buying into that this bunch can improve enough to be a contender come tournament time. And again, I hope I’m wrong, I don’t remember what I said last year, and I’m not going to take the time and effort to check what you or myself said. I guess I’m a half empty glass with this bunch and your a half full.

 

You were a half empty guy last year too. My point is you just simply said again you don't buy the freshman excuse. When at the end of the day, it's not excuses. It's something that teams who rely on freshman go through.

 

Which at this point yes very easy to say this team won't do much. You and others have done that a few times over the last few years. Yet fail to realize teams get better. Plus come tournament time. This young team won't be playing on the road. Basically home games with how our fans travel.

The streak survives

He was standing on the end line

MO player saved ball while out of bounds

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.