Kentucky/Missouri Updates

sumoroyal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke losing, makes my weekend as much as Uk winning, however, doesn’t change the facts. 18 points in a half, come on man, I’m 60 and I believe me and my Home boys could beat that, seriously.

Just pointing out these things will happen on the road. Especially with the youngest team in basketball. Duke is young to and gave up 81 points to a horrible St. John's team, and they even have some seniors. Just stating this will happen sometimes to a young team.

Just pointing out these things will happen on the road. Especially with the youngest team in basketball. Duke is young to and gave up 81 points to a horrible St. John's team, and they even have some seniors. Just stating this will happen sometimes to a young team.

I’m so sick of hearing ( this young team.) This is a serious question, I don’t keep up with the recutting as much as others, the 5 players Ky started, freshman, I’d bet they were all higher ranked recruits than the 5 Missouri started, am I way off?

I’m so sick of hearing ( this young team.) This is a serious question, I don’t keep up with the recutting as much as others, the 5 players Ky started, freshman, I’d bet they were all higher ranked recruits than the 5 Missouri started, am I way off?

But MO players aren’t all freshmen and are not all chopped liver.

I’m beyond hearing the excuse that this team is young. Just play better basketball. It’s the fundamental things this team sucks at, very little of it has to do with being young its more about buying in to what Cal wants them to do.

See what you just said is why I posted what i said. You all said you are tired of the young team excuse. When it's not an excuse it's a fact. Which is why I brought up the best coach of all time also struggling the last 2 years to get his young but most talented teams in the country to play consistent. Last year they lost in 2nd round to a 10 seed. Then this year lost to a 10 and 13 team.

Freshman no matter how talented usually don't know how to play at a 100 percent consistent level all the time for all game. Most never had to play defense before until college. Most were use to dominating the ball and taking all the shots. Freshman are learning how to do that during these freshman years. So if the best coach of all time also struggles to get consistent play from freshman. Then it's not just an excuse. It just takes time.

Hence the reason why we usually see cals teams struggle in sec play especially on the road. It takes all year and all these learning experiences to fully understand what it takes. Which is usually why come March those young teams usually are at its best because of a whole year of getting that experience. Hence how why usually Cals teams go on runs come March.

So yes UK has more talent. However that talent is still learning how to play 40 minutes every game. Same thing Coach K is dealing with. It's not an excuse it's simple fact with young teams.

My point exactly. Boxing out doesn’t have anything to do with being young. You learn that when you’re 6. It’s about having players who want to put forth the effort. Freshmen or senior it doesn’t matter it’s all about effort.