Sacred Heart Academy 59 Campbell County 58

Looked like they made the perfect play call for the situation. You run that play 10 fimes and my money is on Clos to finish it 9 of 10 times. Just tough luck on that one. Would've loved to have seen this game and see CC pull out the win not only for themselves but for all of NKY!

Per Cincinnat.com

Sacred Heart 59, Campbell County 58

Campbell County - Clos 10 6 29, Schwarber 3 1 8, Miller 1 0 3, Wells 2 0 4, Holbrook 2 1 6, Stapleton 2 3 8. Totals: 20 11 58.

Sacred Heart - Harris 5 2 12, Toller 4 3 12, Sivils 3 1 7, Clemons 3 1 7, Berger 8 4 21. Totals: 23 11 59.

Halftime: SH 32-31. 3-pointers: SH 2 (Toller, Berger); CC 7 (Clos 6, Schwarber)

Going to SH, leading most of the game with a chance to win at the end tells me this team is still focused and where they need to be. Tough loss; but coaches will eliminate distractions and keep this team on track. Lady Camels will be there down the stretch...

Great showing by Campbell County. I would hope this would slow down the talk of Mercer and SHA being the two best teams, head and shoulders above everyone else, and how it would be such a travesty if they wound up on the same side of the Sweet 16. But I digress. Great job, both teams, in this one. On the road, against Sacred Heart, if I'm Campbell, I take my chances with a game winner by Clos every day and twice on Sunday. I second the opinion about Clos for Ms. Basketball, as well. If there was any doubt, putting 29 up on the road in this game should have removed it.