Look at the UK Coaching Situation from a Positive perspective...

Riverside 157

Why should UK keep Coach Brooks???? Identify the qualities he brings to the table to move the UK football program forward, this year, next year and 5 years down the road.......???????????????????????????????????????????

I know he is taking a lot of heat, justifable so.... but, all negative aside, getting true answers to the above question will help Mitch see the light of what has to happen.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives:

• He does save the University money on recruiting trips by using his senior citizen discount
  • Players aren't distracted by the possibility of College Game Day coming to Lexington. It allows them to focus on the game
  • His impersonations of Mr. Ed and Grandpa Munster are among the best in D-1 college football
  • Although rarely used, he does have the single wing formation and Statue of Liberty play in the playbook
  • His ability to relate to the inner city recruits because of their common interests and his knowledge of pop culture is also second to none
  • Much better at locating those pesky faxes from the NCAA than Tubby Smith
  • Is the first one to tell you that another last place finish in the SEC means the first pick in the College Draft next year
  • He allows the mid-majors to play a competitive game with UK, which in turn gives those programs renewed interest and hope for a good season. It's called spreading the wealth.
  • Attended several coaching camps put on by UK head coach Bear Bryant and passes those ideas on to today's players
  • Helps Commonwealth Stadium and the University conserve power usage on the home side of the scoreboard.

Im serious guys, If you are a avid UK supporter of Rich Brooks, Why should UK KEEP him??? Give me his positive attributes and contributions to the program.....

I think it is so easy to jump on the Negative band wagon (myself included) and stir up all kinds of stuff.... Lets look at it from the Positive side..... What are the positives from Coach Brooks? It can be anything that is tangible to UK Football.

Positive Attributes

Let's see........................................................................................

...................................................................................................

.................................................... I'm still thinking..........................

...................................................................................................

Yep that about all I can come up with. Next question?

He is a GREAT recruiter of KENTUCKY kids.

He handles the discipline side well.

We are goiing forward in talent.

He is teaching a program that knows very little about winning how to win and I do not think 98% on here realize how haed that exactly is.

He is a GREAT recruiter of KENTUCKY kids.

Micheal Bush, Brian Brohm, Mario Urrutia, Hunter Cantwell, Earl Heyman, Scott Kuhn....

He is second fiddle in recruiting the best from KY. Especially when recruiting KY shouldn't be very hard for the state school of KY.

Micheal Bush, Brian Brohm, Mario Urrutia, Hunter Cantwell, Earl Heyman, Scott Kuhn....

He is second fiddle in recruiting the best from KY. Especially when recruiting KY shouldn't be very hard for the state school of KY.

Micah Johnson, Keenan Burton, Curtis Pulley, Corey Peters, Josh Minton, David Jones, Will fidler........Come on guy.....

Positives:

• He does save the University money on recruiting trips by using his senior citizen discount
  • Players aren't distracted by the possibility of College Game Day coming to Lexington. It allows them to focus on the game
  • His impersonations of Mr. Ed and Grandpa Munster are among the best in D-1 college football
  • Although rarely used, he does have the single wing formation and Statue of Liberty play in the playbook
  • His ability to relate to the inner city recruits because of their common interests and his knowledge of pop culture is also second to none
  • Much better at locating those pesky faxes from the NCAA than Tubby Smith
  • Is the first one to tell you that another last place finish in the SEC means the first pick in the College Draft next year
  • He allows the mid-majors to play a competitive game with UK, which in turn gives those programs renewed interest and hope for a good season. It's called spreading the wealth.
  • Attended several coaching camps put on by UK head coach Bear Bryant and passes those ideas on to today's players
  • Helps Commonwealth Stadium and the University conserve power usage on the home side of the scoreboard.

...and by the way, I actually spit Dr Pepper on my computer screen when I read that Granpa Munster thing. Priceless.

After the first three, which are all Louisville kids and would have been virtually impossible for anyone else to land, I'm happier with our last. Actually I don't even know the last three. :p