Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 83 Vanderbilt 81 (OT)

Featured Replies

One thing that will never change but is always annoying is the atmosphere at Rupp Arena during games like this.

 

20,000 people there and you can hear a pen drop at times.

 

I don't usually notice, but man I did last night. We have zero home court advantage unless its Louisville or Florida.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Kentucky team could legitimately(some may say, likely) lose their first game in the NCAA tournament. Can anyone see them being consistent enough to win four or more games in the national tournament?

This Kentucky team could legitimately(some may say, likely) lose their first game in the NCAA tournament. Can anyone see them being consistent enough to win four or more games in the national tournament?

 

Heck no. But I can also say the same about most teams in the field.

I don't usually notice, but man I did last night. We have zero home court advantage unless its Louisville or Florida.

 

One thing that will never change but is always annoying is the atmosphere at Rupp Arena during games like this.

 

20,000 people there and you can hear a pen drop at times.

 

 

I concur. Low crowd energy can lead to low team energy.

 

But to defend the boring Rupp crowd, these things are mutual. If a team comes out with no energy, the crowd isn't going to bring any either.

Vandy gave this one to the Cats with that ridiculous foul at the end.

Btw, Drew is a very good coach. He will have Vandy in the national polls in a year or two.

One thing that will never change but is always annoying is the atmosphere at Rupp Arena during games like this.

 

20,000 people there and you can hear a pen drop at times.

 

Yep. UK should be the toughest place to play at in America with having the biggest crowds. However imo if you asked players which places were the toughest place to play at. Rupp arena wouldn't even be top 20. The environment at Rupp is not intimidating at all or tough on opponents.

This Kentucky team could legitimately(some may say, likely) lose their first game in the NCAA tournament. Can anyone see them being consistent enough to win four or more games in the national tournament?

 

I'd put them in a group with about 30 other teams that if they're playing at the very top of their game, can win against anyone on any given night. Now to play at that level for that many consecutive games? Absolutely not.

This Kentucky team could legitimately(some may say, likely) lose their first game in the NCAA tournament. Can anyone see them being consistent enough to win four or more games in the national tournament?

 

At this point in the season no. However the same could have been said at this point of the season in 2011, in 2014, and even last year. Last year they lost 3 of 4 at this point with 2 blow out losses. People were saying they wouldn't get out of the 1st weekend last year too. Because the offense was bad in the half court at this point and defense wasn't to great either.

 

That's why it's a good thing that the team doesn't have to be at its most consistent yet. Most of Cals teams are not at this point, and people say what you just said. There is about a month left and 8 regular season games to go still to learn to be more consistent before tournament play starts.

I think Cal was trying to boost Washington's spirits last night playing him down the stretch. I am still not sure what he is good at doing.

 

I hope to see more of SGA operating in the post or from the free throw line in during a 2-3 zone. He is a nightmare to guard being as large as he is. He brings the matchup challenge Kidd-Gilchrist could bring on the offensive end... it wouldn't shock me to see more iso-pro sets like they ran last night featuring SGA.

I think Cal was trying to boost Washington's spirits last night playing him down the stretch. I am still not sure what he is good at doing.

 

I thought I was the only one. I hope he proves me wrong, but every part of Washington's game makes me think "slightly better skilled Sheray Thomas."

I'd put them in a group with about 30 other teams that if they're playing at the very top of their game, can win against anyone on any given night. Now to play at that level for that many consecutive games? Absolutely not.

 

Agree.

I thought I was the only one. I hope he proves me wrong, but every part of Washington's game makes me think "slightly better skilled Sheray Thomas."

Sheray could at least knock down a three pointer every now and then :)

 

Washington may develop into a good college player, but he has lot to refine to get to that point.

Sheray could at least knock down a three pointer every now and then :)

 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - he hit ten more in four years than Washington has this season! :lol2:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - he hit ten more in four years than Washington has this season! :lol2:

 

"Every now and then." I can recall Washington making one yet :D

 

But who would dare leave open Sheray Thomas? He was an assassin and other teams knew it. He and Shargari Alleyne was the most devastating low post combo I have witnessed at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.