Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will John Calipari win another title before he leaves UK?

Will John Calipari win another title before leaving UK? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Will John Calipari win another title before leaving UK?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don’t know if he’ll get another title at UK but man he is super salty about Zion right now. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at it right now I would say no. It looks like he is losing his touch on the recruiting trail. I don't think he is a good enough coach without the top tier talent to win a title.

 

In the 2018 class UK currently has the #4 class. Ahead of them are Duke, Oregon and UCLA. Each of those schools have an extra commit. I trust that Cal will find at least one more guy. Possible EJ Montgomery the 2nd best PF and 6th best recruit overall.

 

Quickley is the 3rd best PG, Johnson is the 2nd best SG and Herro is the 5th best SG but is due for a climb in the 247 rankings (ESPN just gave him his 5th Star). Essentially Cal has three five star recruits in this current class and has lost touch with recruiting.

 

In 2017 Cal reeled in the 2nd best recruiting class behind only Duke. This class was made up of 7 of the top 30 recruits. The average ranking of this class was 99.06, Duke’s class had a rating of 96.72.

 

In 2016 Cal reeled in the 2nd best recruiting class behind Duke. This class had 5 of the top 30 recruits. The average ranking of this class is 99.55, Duke’s class had a rating of 97.31. Duke also had an extra commit to give them the #1 class.

 

I’m not trying to go after you, a lot of people are saying Cal has slipped in recruiting. Just taking the chance to state that I don’t see how Cal has slipped in recruiting. Too much stock is being put into snagging the top 5 guys in each class. I’m more than happy with top 15 or top 20 guys. Cal has these guys fighting for elite eights and final fours every year. If you make it that far you have a chance and that’s all you can ask for.

  • Author
I don’t know if he’ll get another title at UK but man he is super salty about Zion right now. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

I love Cal, but he's not doing himself any favors with that.

I don’t know if he’ll get another title at UK but man he is super salty about Zion right now. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

You're right, but his billion comment made me chuckle.

In the 2018 class UK currently has the #4 class. Ahead of them are Duke, Oregon and UCLA. Each of those schools have an extra commit. I trust that Cal will find at least one more guy. Possible EJ Montgomery the 2nd best PF and 6th best recruit overall.

 

Quickley is the 3rd best PG, Johnson is the 2nd best SG and Herro is the 5th best SG but is due for a climb in the 247 rankings (ESPN just gave him his 5th Star). Essentially Cal has three five star recruits in this current class and has lost touch with recruiting.

 

In 2017 Cal reeled in the 2nd best recruiting class behind only Duke. This class was made up of 7 of the top 30 recruits. The average ranking of this class was 99.06, Duke’s class had a rating of 96.72.

 

In 2016 Cal reeled in the 2nd best recruiting class behind Duke. This class had 5 of the top 30 recruits. The average ranking of this class is 99.55, Duke’s class had a rating of 97.31. Duke also had an extra commit to give them the #1 class.

 

I’m not trying to go after you, a lot of people are saying Cal has slipped in recruiting. Just taking the chance to state that I don’t see how Cal has slipped in recruiting. Too much stock is being put into snagging the top 5 guys in each class. I’m more than happy with top 15 or top 20 guys. Cal has these guys fighting for elite eights and final fours every year. If you make it that far you have a chance and that’s all you can ask for.

 

Great post @nkufan23. Some good info there.

 

I'm excited about both of those shooting guards. My buddy was telling me about EJ Montgomery yesterday, be nice to round out the class with him.

 

With a few of our guys like SGA, PJ Washington, Gabriel and Greene returning next year, the Cats could have some pretty good depth.

Great post @nkufan23. Some good info there.

 

I'm excited about both of those shooting guards. My buddy was telling me about EJ Montgomery yesterday, be nice to round out the class with him.

 

With a few of our guys like SGA, PJ Washington, Gabriel and Greene returning next year, the Cats could have some pretty good depth.

 

Thanks!

 

Keldon Johnson is so gritty and hungry. I love his game, he has so much potential. Herro is a lot like Devin Booker who also happens to be his favorite player. He’s super underrated, Luke Kennard was awesome but if he was a five star than I don’t know how Herro isn’t as well. They say Quickley is a mix of John Wall and Brandon Knight and I’ll definitely take that.

 

I’m not sure if Shaq’s Son is still an option but we lead with 100% confidence in his crystal ball. I can’t find any info but I thought he was still able to back out of Arizona. Montgomery plays a lot like Vanderbilt, he’s smooth. James Wiseman is apparently still an option to reclassify as well, 100% of his crystal ball also sits with Kentucky.

 

I’m also excited about the future. Especially with some experience looking like it will be returning like you said.

Thanks!

 

Keldon Johnson is so gritty and hungry. I love his game, he has so much potential. Herro is a lot like Devin Booker who also happens to be his favorite player. He’s super underrated, Luke Kennard was awesome but if he was a five star than I don’t know how Herro isn’t as well. They say Quickley is a mix of John Wall and Brandon Knight and I’ll definitely take that.

 

I’m not sure if Shaq’s Son is still an option but we lead with 100% confidence in his crystal ball. I can’t find any info but I thought he was still able to back out of Arizona. Montgomery plays a lot like Vanderbilt, he’s smooth. James Wiseman is apparently still an option to reclassify as well, 100% of his crystal ball also sits with Kentucky.

 

I’m also excited about the future. Especially with some experience looking like it will be returning like you said.

 

When I heard that Booker was Herro's favorite player and I knew how good of a shooter he was, I got really excited about that kid. Already know he'll be my favorite for next year.

 

I believe that you are right about Shaq's son, from what I understand. Doesn't mean the Cats will get him, but I believe he can move.

 

All this sudden talk about Calipari losing his touch is a bit of a joke. And the fact that grown men are tweeting at his daughters about it, just stupid and embarrassing.

Yeah, I guess I was off base saying Cal had lost his touch just because Duke is kicking his butt in recruiting now.

Thanks!

 

Keldon Johnson is so gritty and hungry. I love his game, he has so much potential. Herro is a lot like Devin Booker who also happens to be his favorite player. He’s super underrated, Luke Kennard was awesome but if he was a five star than I don’t know how Herro isn’t as well. They say Quickley is a mix of John Wall and Brandon Knight and I’ll definitely take that.

 

I’m not sure if Shaq’s Son is still an option but we lead with 100% confidence in his crystal ball. I can’t find any info but I thought he was still able to back out of Arizona. Montgomery plays a lot like Vanderbilt, he’s smooth. James Wiseman is apparently still an option to reclassify as well, 100% of his crystal ball also sits with Kentucky.

 

I’m also excited about the future. Especially with some experience looking like it will be returning like you said.

 

I believe I read where Shaq’s Son already committed.

I voted NO mainly because I am not certain Cal's top priority is to win a National Championship.

 

Cal's main priority is to get guys ready for the next level....to change families for generations to come....he has said it many times. And he is very good at doing that.

 

So a typical Cal year may get you 30+ wins a year, but not necessarily a national championship. The national championship would be a cherry on top but I do not think that is the ultimate goal for Cal's program.

 

So if what I said is true, as a UK fan, are you Okay with that or do you want a coach who aspires to win national championships? IMO I am fine with with the way things are and hope Cal continues doing exactly what he is doing now.

I voted NO mainly because I am not certain Cal's top priority is to win a National Championship.

 

Cal's main priority is to get guys ready for the next level....to change families for generations to come....he has said it many times. And he is very good at doing that.

 

So a typical Cal year may get you 30+ wins a year, but not necessarily a national championship. The national championship would be a cherry on top but I do not think that is the ultimate goal for Cal's program.

 

So if what I said is true, as a UK fan, are you Okay with that or do you want a coach who aspires to win national championships? IMO I am fine with with the way things are and hope Cal continues doing exactly what he is doing now.

 

I am very okay with it. In my mind, they aren't mutually exclusive. I believe in Cal's mind, they aren't either. However, he words things the way he does because he wants recruits to think that he's 100% about the players and their success.

I voted NO mainly because I am not certain Cal's top priority is to win a National Championship.

 

Cal's main priority is to get guys ready for the next level....to change families for generations to come....he has said it many times. And he is very good at doing that.

 

So a typical Cal year may get you 30+ wins a year, but not necessarily a national championship. The national championship would be a cherry on top but I do not think that is the ultimate goal for Cal's program.

 

So if what I said is true, as a UK fan, are you Okay with that or do you want a coach who aspires to win national championships? IMO I am fine with with the way things are and hope Cal continues doing exactly what he is doing now.

 

He can say what he wants but he’s a competitor and he definitely wants to win games. Nobody wants to lose. His track record of final four appearances along with the one championship are proof that his philosophy has no impact on the ability to win it all.

I love Cal, but he's not doing himself any favors with that.

 

The sore loser in me loved seeing it but the somewhat reasonable adult in me felt like it isn’t a good look at all. I agree, I think it makes him look silly.

  • Author
The sore loser in me loved seeing it but the somewhat reasonable adult in me felt like it isn’t a good look at all. I agree, I think it makes him look silly.

 

He could vent better by just posting a UK stick figure man kicking a Duke stick figure man in the groin.

 

I don't see how he thinks his comments are going to help in recruiting. He comes off as a sore loser. Again, I love Cal, but I don't see any way this is a good look.

  • Author
I believe I read where Shaq’s Son already committed.

 

Arizona.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.