Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Surprises & Disappointments for 2006

Featured Replies

I disagree. I think that a lot of the "talent" that Holmes should have up front is on the first team that you mentioned in your response. Holmes' line leaves some things to be desired. Speed doesn't matter when it can't get past the line of scrimmage.

 

Very true!

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all... TigerDude13 - great topic to introduce to this forum!

 

I think LCA is a huge surprise to me and I am an LCA fan! They lost ALL key personnel and yet are 5-0 in District play...(yes I am biased) 7-2 overall with losses to Mercer County and Corbin.

I also am surprised(impressed) at Cov Holy Cross performance to date.

 

Disappointments are Dunbar and Berea to me...again I can only respond to teams I am familiar with in the Central KY region. I would really like to see Berea come out of their funk soon. Those kids do play hard and it is VERY difficult to maintain thoughout the season.

EagleEye, I couldn't agree more. I didn't give any chance to LCA doing well this year; I thought they would struggle to compete in our district.

 

I am GLADLY eating all of the crow I can get regarding the Eagles! Yum Yum!

I agree, I thought they would have a bucket full of wins at this point but it hasnt happened, they sure look loaded for bear next year though[/quote

 

Lone Oak returns 10 starters on both sides of the ball next year. They return quite an arsenal next year but move up 2 classes (4A in the new alignment).

Should be a fun team to watch next year. Robinson may be the best qb in the state next year & will put up some big numbers. Only lose 2 seniors that play quite a bit & will have to replace the kicker.

Not a suprise in our district...knew they would be strong.

 

But did u think they would be as stong as they have indeed turned out to be. I am a Lincoln fan and I knew they would be stong and improved from last year, but they have surprised me.

Surprise: Lincoln Co.(who saw that one coming??)

dissapointment: Lou. Holy Cross (but could still make a run in the next few weeks and be sitting pretty with a HUGE rematch with Bardstown)

My disappointment is Covington Holmes. They have some HUGE talent on that team. But I really don't think they have the proper coaching. Rumor has it that old Beechies coach my be going to Holmes.

 

From my point of view Holmes is what they usually are. They have two or three athletes that catch your attention but overall they don't have the depth of talent to be a winning team.

4A - Lincoln Co. & Montgomery Co.

3A - Knox Central & Johnson Central

2A - Larue Co., Western

1A - LCA, Bethleham

 

 

What Knox Central has done so far is not all that much of a surprise to me. However, if they should win one or both of their final two games, they will move way up the list.

As far as my suprise team I would go with Montgomery Co. But hands down as many others have already stated, the biggest disappointment would have to be over in Title Town with the Boyle Co. Rebels.

Montgomery County and Lincoln County (4A R4D8). They have gone from not making the playoffs last season (3-9 in 2005 district play) to being in the lead for a home playoff game in 2006. I expected them both to be improved, but what they have done puts both coaches (Gooch & French) up for District and possibly Region COY).

 

As far as disappointments, I would say that there are several, but I would rather dwell on just the positive.

I would agree that Manual has turned out to be a pleasant surprise. PRP has fizzled horribly and Fern Creek has broken my heart. They should be sitting at 7-1 right now. The only team besides St X to "really" beat them this year is Fern Creek themselves. Up 26-7 against Shelby Co in the 3rd and gave it away. The play calling has been questionable at times and the teaching of fundamentals as well. ie catch b4 u run, they have missed too many should be catches and fumbled too many punt/kick off returns, how to handle the hard or long count (they have fallen for it every game) and penalties, penalties penalties. They are a very athletic talented group of YOUNG kids and have a great young QB whose arm they are wearing out (you dont have to throw EVERYTIME guys) once they start to believe in themselves WATCH OUT! As for this year though a disappointment they are capable of much better

I am not only disappointed, but shocked that Dunbar will go 1-9 or 0-10 after competing for the regional title last year.:eek:

Lincoln has been not surprise anybody close to the program. The juniors and seniors on the team are proven winners. They are an experienced team in an inexperienced district. Those kids are the same athletes that won the middle school championship in both basketball and football when they where 8th graders. This season has actually has made me wonder what happened last season.

 

Biggest surprise games-- South Laurels win over Pulaski SW. Boyle's loss to Pulaski SW. cant figure those out.

 

Biggest disappointment: Dunbar

Disappointment- PRP

Surprise- Manual

 

Sidenote: I'd have to say that St. X's passing game is an "honorable mention" in the disappointment category. Coach Glaser called this years group of receivers the "most talented I've ever coached". I was kind of expecting a real break out year for the X passing game.

Lincoln has been not surprise anybody close to the program. The juniors and seniors on the team are proven winners. They are an experienced team in an inexperienced district. Those kids are the same athletes that won the middle school championship in both basketball and football when they where 8th graders. This season has actually has made me wonder what happened last season.

 

Biggest surprise games-- South Laurels win over Pulaski SW. Boyle's loss to Pulaski SW. cant figure those out.

 

Biggest disappointment: Dunbar

 

I think that experience and a new offensive coordinator have really helped this years Lincoln team out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.