Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Surprises & Disappointments for 2006

Featured Replies

Statewide surprise would be Lincoln County and disappointment Boyle County.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep West Big Suprises

Fulton City @ 8-0

Caldwell Co @ 7-0

 

Caldwell is 7-1

 

Come on Toothpick, they lost to Mayfield in week 1 :p

 

I would say between these two, Caldwell County, even with their one loss is more of a suprise than Fulton City being 8-0.

Caldwell is 7-1

 

Come on Toothpick, they lost to Mayfield in week 1 :p

 

I would say between these two, Caldwell County, even with their one loss is more of a suprise than Fulton City being 8-0.

 

Yea but they are claiming such a turn around from week #1 that I hated to hold the Mayfield loss against them ;)

Actually it was a type O

 

On the other side of the coin I think I was most disappointed with O Caths slow start out of the gate, Hancock Co I thought would be better, Murray is weaker than I could have ever imagined though I knew they would be weak and Trigg and FT C have been weaker than I expected but not greatly so

  • Author

Eagle- Thanks for the comment....I thought it would be a good topic to discuss.

 

As for Manual, since most of you all know I really follow R2D4, I have to say that I am surprised at their performance. I think most have stated it correct that with the low expectations and the emphasis on PRP, Manual has just done a fantastic job of going out there and getting good wins. Offensively, I think they are clicking pretty well. Defense is doing a good enough job to hold opponents down, while it might not be the prettiest defense, its working to their advantage.

 

I think this week, as they gear up for Iroquois, this will be a good week for them to fine tune their defense to prepare for Male. I watched the PRP-Manual game and still dont think they have what it takes to slow down the Bulldog High Octane Offense, but I think you HAVE to commend them for what they have accomplished. They will probably finish out at least 3rd in the district. I just hope that they dont have a hiccup against Iroquois. Iroquois still just seems to me that they are waiting for the one game where it can all come together and after taking some severe beatings from Male and X back to back, who knows...they may come out fighting and give Manual a good game. We'll just have to wait and see.

 

GOOD JOB & GOOD LUCK RAMS!

Suprise- Holy Cross- playing like a dominant team. Sr. leadership and HUGE O- line.

 

Disappointment- SK- really thought they had the size and skilled players to make a run in 4A wiht Elbert, Bishop and Haught in the backfield.

Yea but they are claiming such a turn around from week #1 that I hated to hold the Mayfield loss against them ;)

Actually it was a type O

 

On the other side of the coin I think I was most disappointed with O Caths slow start out of the gate, Hancock Co I thought would be better, Murray is weaker than I could have ever imagined though I knew they would be weak and Trigg and FT C have been weaker than I expected but not greatly so

 

 

I say O'Cath start has been slow, but they started slow two years ago and went to the championship. They lost a district game and happen to go 6-4. You never know come playoff time and if you look at their playoff record the last two or three years they are 11-3. I think Catholic is missing the two inside backers more then anything. Those kids we the lifeline of the team last year. Those two players weren't that great in 2004 either so who knows what Catholic will do. Hopefully they will turn it around. Ft.Campbell was expected to be down after losing a slew of athletes as well as Trigg Co.

 

One thing I have noticed is the fans being upset with Coach Edge. Here is a guy that went out and got money from a family member and others to get the stadium going, and been to two state championships and parents are still upset. I know he is an in your face guy, but I have watched him when he coached at OHS hmm went to state championship that year. As been head coach for two years and has been to the finals every year. He has been coaching like that for 7 years. Here is when you know he is right, when the past players respect him and still come and see him and calls him coach still.

Lone Oak at 4-4 is a disappointment. Tough losses at Caldwell County & Ft. Campbell hurt but the major blow was losing @ Webster County. Lone Oak is in danger of missing the playoffs. I thought Lone Oak could possible finished this year 8-2 or 7-3 & hosted a playoff game. Caldwell County really doesn't surprise me as I thought they would be the team to beat in the district with a bunch of returning upper classman.

Statewide surprise would be Lincoln Co.

 

Not a suprise in our district...knew they would be strong.

Biggest surprise and disappointment? -

 

:irked: A rain shortened, In season, St. X / Trinity Game.

TOOTHPICK ....THATS FUNNY ....... typ-o :laugh: :laugh:

 

 

SUPRISES; Montgomery , Lincoln ,

Lone Oak at 4-4 is a disappointment. Tough losses at Caldwell County & Ft. Campbell hurt but the major blow was losing @ Webster County. Lone Oak is in danger of missing the playoffs. I thought Lone Oak could possible finished this year 8-2 or 7-3 & hosted a playoff game. Caldwell County really doesn't surprise me as I thought they would be the team to beat in the district with a bunch of returning upper classman.

 

I agree, I thought they would have a bucket full of wins at this point but it hasnt happened, they sure look loaded for bear next year though

It's no surprise how well Cov. HC is doing this year. They have alot of weapons on O. I really don't think the Beechies are going to expect what is coming next week.

 

My disappointment is Covington Holmes. They have some HUGE talent on that team. But I really don't think they have the proper coaching. Rumor has it that old Beechies coach my be going to Holmes.

It's no surprise how well Cov. HC is doing this year. They have alot of weapons on O. I really don't think the Beechies are going to expect what is coming next week.

 

My disappointment is Covington Holmes. They have some HUGE talent on that team. But I really don't think they have the proper coaching. Rumor has it that old Beechies coach my be going to Holmes.

 

When don't they have huge talent? I don't know if it even the coaching as much as the fact that they play for theirselves and not the team. If they do get him then that would definately be a plus.

In the HC game they had 25 fouls and I believe 10,11,12 was personal

It's no surprise how well Cov. HC is doing this year. They have alot of weapons on O. I really don't think the Beechies are going to expect what is coming next week.

 

My disappointment is Covington Holmes. They have some HUGE talent on that team. But I really don't think they have the proper coaching. Rumor has it that old Beechies coach my be going to Holmes.

I disagree. I think that a lot of the "talent" that Holmes should have up front is on the first team that you mentioned in your response. Holmes' line leaves some things to be desired. Speed doesn't matter when it can't get past the line of scrimmage.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.