Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby vs. Cal

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think they only hang championship banners at the Craft Center. Maybe that's what he meant.

 

Or maybe he's just a huge doucher. :lol2:

 

(It's Option B)

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How though? Outside of recruiting, of course. Three more FF's is far more successful overall?

 

Tubby one and only was in his first year. That hurts. He had three Final Eights and lost. Was a one seed in 2004 and lost in second round. That and his last two years were what lost his luster

I definitely don't subscribe to the idea that it's not a successful season if they don't make a Final Four. I'd say most seasons, I'd consider making it to the second weekend a successful one. Anything past that is gravy. Obviously in years when you'd have a really good team I'd probably adjust the scale. The biggest disconnect for me in this specific debate is a Final Four doesn't mean any more to me than an Elite Eight. Sure, you're one game farther, but you still didn't win the 'ship.

 

But you were one of four. Not one of eight.

 

Cal also has a one of two year.

Final Fours mean quite a bit to me. Yeah I want Championships, but Final Four is my "floor goal" every year and Championship are my "ceiling goal". Not much room there. Getting passed a Final four and winning a title is awesome but if UK team makes it the Final Four, that's a successful season.

 

So when the cats lost in the FF after being undefeated, you thought that was a successful season?

So the three Final Fours and a handful more wins is the difference between worship and being run out? I'm just trying to understand.

 

Three final fours is a lot. Only 31 coaches ever have had that many.

So when the cats lost in the FF after being undefeated, you thought that was a successful season?

 

It was extremely disappointing, but how in the world can you consider going 38-1 an unsuccessful season?

It was extremely disappointing, but how in the world can you consider going 38-1 an unsuccessful season?

 

I wouldn't, but I was around a lot of UK fans who said the season was a bust.

So when the cats lost in the FF after being undefeated, you thought that was a successful season?

 

Yes I did.

 

If you are a UK fan and you did not, I feel bad for you. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bummer but calling a team that finished 38-1 unsuccessful is foolish.

Yes I did.

 

If you are a UK fan and you did not, I feel bad for you. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bummer but calling a team that finished 38-1 unsuccessful is foolish.

 

I will relay that to my friends that cheer for them. I am asking because I don't understand how it can be considered a bust season. But there are Kentucky fans out there that believe that was a wasted season.

I will relay that to my friends that cheer for them. I am asking because I don't understand how it can be considered a bust season. But there are Kentucky fans out there that believe that was a wasted season.

 

Feel free to. The must really struggle finding enjoyment out of any UK team.

Feel free to. The must really struggle finding enjoyment out of any UK team.

 

They only enjoy an NC win.

Players like Lukasz Orbzut and Shagari Alleyne come to mind.

 

So yes, recruiting gives Cal a huge edge of over Tubby in my opinion. With the players Cal brings in, I feel like we're always capable of making a run in March.

 

My main nod to Cal would be marketing though. I feel like he has really strengthened the Kentucky Basketball brand.

 

I loved what Tubby did and will always respect him, but I'll never feel like he had the 24/7 drive that it takes to keep a top tier program at the top.

So when the cats lost in the FF after being undefeated, you thought that was a successful season?

 

Yes. But it felt disappointing

Everyone I know was disappointed that they lost they game. Who wouldn't be?

 

They all, 100%, also thought it was a great season.

Tubby one and only was in his first year. That hurts. He had three Final Eights and lost. Was a one seed in 2004 and lost in second round. That and his last two years were what lost his luster

 

I was also thinking the final two years is what people remember. He lost 24-25 games those two years? I know Cal had a couple double digit loss seasons but that was earlier in his time at UK and directly followed a NC. That buys you a lot of cushion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.