Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 67 Bishop Brossart 18

Featured Replies

Hope the Camels are strong again next season, although definitely not as strong and this year because there are going to be a lot of teams/coaches that won't forget some of these scores.

IMO the transfer Stapleton has made them a top 10 team in the state instead being a top 10-20 team in the state.

 

You have a team that could possibly make a run at state. So what are you suppose to do? Okay, girls turn it off tonight, we are playing a team that's having a down year. Okay girls tougher teams the next few nights you have to step it up. We have another down team tonight girls, don't worry about playing real hard tonight, because our next few games will be tough and you have to be at you best for those games......... I remember Brossart putting some beat downs on Silver Grove, NCC beat down on Dayton, Jenkins back to back beat downs on Cordia....... I gets lopsided sometimes. It's part of it, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. You can't ask a team to turn it on or turn it off according to who they are playing and expect them to preform when needed. Like it or not, it just doesn't work that way.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a team that could possibly make a run at state. So what are you suppose to do? Okay, girls turn it off tonight, we are playing a team that's having a down year. Okay girls tougher teams the next few nights you have to step it up. We have another down team tonight girls, don't worry about playing real hard tonight, because our next few games will be tough and you have to be at you best for those games......... I remember Brossart putting some beat downs on Silver Grove, NCC beat down on Dayton, Jenkins back to back beat downs on Cordia....... I gets lopsided sometimes. It's part of it, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. You can't ask a team to turn it on or turn it off according to who they are playing and expect them to preform when needed. Like it or not, it just doesn't work that way.

 

Are you serious, no one said they had to tone it down and not play hard but when your up 30 and still pressing with your starters yeah that's ridiculous and if you think that's ok then I so be it. Now a days with a running clock you have to try and score to get those ridiculous numbers, for example scoring a 111 points in a girls game with a running clock.

We preach good sportsmanship and respect for other teams and players and beating teams like that IMO isn't but if people on here believe it is that's fine you have that right.

The big 3 we're out entire 2nd half and the other two starters were out by midway thru or end of the 3rd Qtr. You lost to a much better team and you have absolutely no answer for other than "poor sportsmanship". If he wanted to Menefee could have kept them in and pressed the entire game and beat them 100+. I give Brossart players credit for playing extremely hard to the end. But sour grapes from you and others is simply a joke. Who knows what next year brings....Camel fans will definitely enjoy this year as it has a chance to be very special.

I don't think this score is that bad considering the score at half time. You can't make the other team score, but you can stop yourself from scoring 80 and CCHS only scored 6 points in the second half. This is not like the other games that I have probably complained too much about.

My two cents on the game and the comments:

1) Lady Camels are very good and very impressive...i think definite top 5 in the state and will be really fun to watch in the State tournament (and I'll add that yes they still need to play the regional and come out of it which i think they will).

2) I'm not upset entirely by the score...maybe surprised what it was at halftime, but I believe as a coach you play "your" game and you ask your girls to hustle and the starters were done at half...pressing when you're up 30 (eh...judegement call but I still feel you have to play your game)....and if you're that much better than your opponent then getting beat like that then you know what you need to work on to make yourself better.

3) I'm just surprised at the comments..."biggest atmosphere of the year didn't help"....."I'm sure they'll score more than 18 points in every game next year"....didn't need to be said. Camels are very good this year....we get it. Schools go in spurts of being up and down....have class with your posts. These two schools are so far apart the past 2-3 years, but they'll be more competitive the next few years.

4) the Lady Camel players carry themselves very well. They know they are talented but they are great kids. Wish the posters on here acted like the players.

 

And also, the bright spot...how about over 7,500 lbs/dollars raised for the food store by these two schools!.....over 35,000 since this started seven years ago. Tremendous how this has grown.

Are you serious, no one said they had to tone it down and not play hard but when your up 30 and still pressing with your starters yeah that's ridiculous and if you think that's ok then I so be it. Now a days with a running clock you have to try and score to get those ridiculous numbers, for example scoring a 111 points in a girls game with a running clock.

We preach good sportsmanship and respect for other teams and players and beating teams like that IMO isn't but if people on here believe it is that's fine you have that right.

They press until they get a running clock, I don't see anything wrong with that.

If they pulled their starters and stop pressing every time they were up 30, they would not be prepared to play an entire game versus a competitive team.

Are you serious, no one said they had to tone it down and not play hard but when your up 30 and still pressing with your starters yeah that's ridiculous and if you think that's ok then I so be it. Now a days with a running clock you have to try and score to get those ridiculous numbers, for example scoring a 111 points in a girls game with a running clock.

We preach good sportsmanship and respect for other teams and players and beating teams like that IMO isn't but if people on here believe it is that's fine you have that right.

 

Can't believe I'm being sucked in to this, but........... Jenkins beat a Cordia team 111-21, Brossart beat a Silver Grove team by 59 or 60, NCC beat a Dayton team by 59 or 60. I don't think anyone enjoys games like these. However, Brossart, NCC, and Jenkins teams have all been on the other end of the whoopin stick as well. Like it or not, it's part of the game.

No one has said anything about the players, they are great girls I know some of them. You all can twist it how you want and don't give me it will help them get better because pressing and winning by that much doesn't make you get better or makes you work on things, really. I don't care what school it is I coach can control most of the scoring. So your telling me that CCH only scored 7 points the whole second half and how did they accomplish that. I bet it wasn't because they shot bad.

No sour grapes from this BBHS basketball parent regarding how many points the Lady Camels scored - I expected the score to be much higher. My daughter knew what the outcome was going to be going in - I am proud of her and her teammates for not giving up and playing hard the whole game.

 

Yes, they wish more of their shots would have fallen - but they did not. On the positive side they had the opportunity to guard and play against some of the top players playing basketball this year; learn something from that and move on to the next game!

 

The Lady Camels are extremely talented and they play with class. I will be cheering them on in their post season run.

I agree....no sour grapes here. I'm a Brossart fan and I wasn't saying anything negative about the Lady Camel players either or twisting words. I was just posting my opinion that I feel teams need to work in every game and prepare themselves (i.e. play "their" game) for tougher opponents...if it's pressing and playing tenacious defense then you do that. If the starters had started the third quarter and been pressing....different story with a 50-pt lead at half.

 

I think Campbell County has a very special team and season going (these don't happen very often around here); and merely stating to realize what's going on and enjoy it and no need to post demeaning comments about members of your community when there's a well known variance in the talent at the moment. You're talking three Division I players on one team and maybe a future one that is a freshman at the other school.

 

Lady Camels will be fun to watch in March.

NOBODY in the Brossart camp believes anything other than that Coach Bo Menifee played his starters for a half, made the statement, and then COMPLETELY called off the dogs allowing his JV players to get some quality minutes on the grand stage.

 

Brossart is a very young team that will improve with age and experience.

 

We look forward to the next few Girls' Crosstown Classics when the games should prove to be more contentious. Everything has fallen in place for this Lady Camels team and they should enjoy their moments in the sun.

 

Also bear in mind that since 1997-98 (when Riherds began keeping records) despite losing the past three renewals, Brossart leads in the series 15-6.

Shed no tears for our Lady Stangs.

No one has said anything about the players, they are great girls I know some of them. You all can twist it how you want and don't give me it will help them get better because pressing and winning by that much doesn't make you get better or makes you work on things, really. I don't care what school it is I coach can control most of the scoring. So your telling me that CCH only scored 7 points the whole second half and how did they accomplish that. I bet it wasn't because they shot bad.

 

They shot bad. Were you there? The majority of their shots from what I remember were from the 3 point line and they missed A LOT!

I was there. Lady Camels are a very talented team. Coach M. Called off the dogs 2nd half. No hard feelings from either team. Wishing Campbell County girls the best!

edit

Hope the Camels are strong again next season, although definitely not as strong and this year because there are going to be a lot of teams/coaches that won't forget some of these scores.

IMO the transfer Stapleton has made them a top 10 team in the state instead being a top 10-20 team in the state.

 

So many times I have written a post, only to read thru it and realize I should never have written it and hit cancel. You've pretty much promised future teams of young girls, that YOU will give them a beat down. This IS a very special Campbell County team. Once in a blue moon things just line up and the stars are definitely lined up for these girls. A team such as this DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN. These young ladies have put in a lot of blood, sweat, tears and a ton of hard work. Not to mention the money and time their parents have invested. I have no child or grandchild on this team, but from the compliments these young ladies have received on here. I'd be proud if one of them were. I hope these young ladies can go on to win it all, THEY HAVE SURELY EARNED SUCH A REWARD.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.