Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 67 Bishop Brossart 18

Featured Replies

  • Replies 60
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game could have been 126 - 22. I would say accepting and allowing it to be 67-18 was in fact calling off the dogs.

 

and the Lady Camels will be just fine next season :)

and as far as a young team........

 

we return 3 current sophomores and a current 8th grader with lots of varsity minutes

So many times I have written a post, only to read thru it and realize I should never have written it and hit cancel. You've pretty much promised future teams of young girls, that YOU will give them a beat down. This IS a very special Campbell County team. Once in a blue moon things just line up and the stars are definitely lined up for these girls. A team such as this DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN. These young ladies have put in a lot of blood, sweat, tears and a ton of hard work. Not to mention the money and time their parents have invested. I have no child or grandchild on this team, but from the compliments these young ladies have received on here. I'd be proud if one of them were. I hope these young ladies can go on to win it all, THEY HAVE SURELY EARNED SUCH A REWARD.

 

Again I never mention anything bad about the girls. Yes they have a very good team and with the transfer from Scott it really made them special. All I am saying is some of these scores can be controlled.

Again I never mention anything bad about the girls. Yes they have a very good team and with the transfer from Scott it really made them special. All I am saying is some of these scores can be controlled.

 

How would you control the scores and still have your team ready to play at a high level the next game? I'm just curious as to what you would do differently?

Scoring 60 points rather than 90 points will not determine rather you will play at a high level the next game, that will be up to your coach.

Again I never mention anything bad about the girls. Yes they have a very good team and with the transfer from Scott it really made them special. All I am saying is some of these scores can be controlled.

 

Correct, you never specifically mentioned the girls. Yet, you said "COACHES WILL REMEMBER THE SCORES" and will proceed to return the favor. Well, who is the recipient of retribution IF that will be possible? The young people take the hit. Why involve the girls? Go Mano e Mano? You, several times have mentioned how "the transfer" improved the team. How about just calling them the Lady Camels?

I'm a very small school fan, so we have had our share of those ugly losses. Just so happens we played another small school last night, I don't remember the score but I know we shot a lot of 3s and we don't have depth. We use 8th grade and freshmen to fill our Varsity bench, so there's only about 5 subs. You can limit the number of shots taken, but you can't tell them to miss. Especially if that young person has never scored a Varsity basket.

One last comment then no more. Everyone always runs to the stats page for KHSAA leaders. I think that also leads to some of these lopsided scores. "Beef up your numbers in this game tonight". I wish steals and assists were on the stats page because SOMEONE has to get the ball to the shooter. But alas I realize that's a gray area.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY CAMELS, PRAY FOR NO INJURIES. ENJOY THE RIDE.

Correct, you never specifically mentioned the girls. Yet, you said "COACHES WILL REMEMBER THE SCORES" and will proceed to return the favor. Well, who is the recipient of retribution IF that will be possible? The young people take the hit. Why involve the girls? Go Mano e Mano? You, several times have mentioned how "the transfer" improved the team. How about just calling them the Lady Camels?

I'm a very small school fan, so we have had our share of those ugly losses. Just so happens we played another small school last night, I don't remember the score but I know we shot a lot of 3s and we don't have depth. We use 8th grade and freshmen to fill our Varsity bench, so there's only about 5 subs. You can limit the number of shots taken, but you can't tell them to miss. Especially if that young person has never scored a Varsity basket.

One last comment then no more. Everyone always runs to the stats page for KHSAA leaders. I think that also leads to some of these lopsided scores. "Beef up your numbers in this game tonight". I wish steals and assists were on the stats page because SOMEONE has to get the ball to the shooter. But alas I realize that's a gray area.

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY CAMELS, PRAY FOR NO INJURIES. ENJOY THE RIDE.

 

Maybe their coach needs to think about the bolded as well because karma is a you know what.

Scoring 60 points rather than 90 points will not determine rather you will play at a high level the next game, that will be up to your coach.

They are playing at a high level. And you can try to rain on their parade by bashing the coach if you want to, that's your prerogative.

They are playing at a high level. And you can try to rain on their parade by bashing the coach if you want to, that's your prerogative.

 

I never said they weren't playing at a high level and I have said several times they are very good. All I am saying is some of there scores could have been controlled and with some teams pressing up 30+ while their starters are in till the 4th quarter is ridiculous. So if that's playing at a high level then good for them sure they are learning something from it.

I never said they weren't playing at a high level and I have said several times they are very good. All I am saying is some of there scores could have been controlled and with some teams pressing up 30+ while their starters are in till the 4th quarter is ridiculous. So if that's playing at a high level then good for them sure they are learning something from it.

 

Why does any of this bother you or concern you in anyway?

Why does any of this bother you or concern you in anyway?

 

I just don't like to see teams run the score up like that on teams. I have coached and been in situations that we are winning by a lot and losing by a lot but I can tell you I never and will never beat a team like that and I had control on shot selection and how many passes before you shoot and we didn't have a running clock at the time. Pressing until the 3rd quarter up 30 to me isn't right. Just my opinion.

I just don't like to see teams run the score up like that on teams. I have coached and been in situations that we are winning by a lot and losing by a lot but I can tell you I never and will never beat a team like that and I had control on shot selection and how many passes before you shoot and we didn't have a running clock at the time. Pressing until the 3rd quarter up 30 to me isn't right. Just my opinion.

 

You are obviously bitter about it for whatever reason. I think this Lady Camels team and their coaches are very classy and respectful of their opponents. I'm guessing the Lady Camels beat your team by more than you would like to have seen. You seem to be the only one upset in regards to the Lady Camels success this season.

Not a CCHS fan at all but have no issue with the scores. It’s going to happen to the school I root for here shortly. I think they are a special group especially the 3 seniors leading the team and they have earned everything they are getting. I do think many look at it and say one day there will some type of paybacks and that should be ok too. If you can pay them back do it. Until then, get better

You are obviously bitter about it for whatever reason. I think this Lady Camels team and their coaches are very classy and respectful of their opponents. I'm guessing the Lady Camels beat your team by more than you would like to have seen. You seem to be the only one upset in regards to the Lady Camels success this season.

 

Not bitter at all and I posted the same thing about other teams doing this to other schools.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.