Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Highlands Girls Coach for 2018 Season

Featured Replies

There will be a new coach in Fort Thomas next year. Brian Weifering was either fired or resigned (possibly asked strongly to resign). Job was posted officially today.

 

Anyone surprised?

 

Any thoughts on who may be next to lead the Highlands girls?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m hearing he is getting a support group together to write letters to the Superintendent to convince them to give him another chance. I’m being serious here.

I agree Oscar!!! Totally ridiculous!

I am hearing that there is support but he hasn’t asked for it. This support is coming from players and parents both. So it looks like we have two different stories going around in the Fort. Wouldn’t expect anything different.

Why did Highlands fire Coach Weifering?

Why did Highlands fire Coach Weifering?

 

This is speculation but if you go back and read previous forums there was some displeasure from the parents for a few years. That on top of whatever happened at the end of last season in the St Henry game may have been the final straw.

Was he one of the coaches red carded at the end of the St. Henry game? I never saw where it named him specifically... I just heard it was "coaches"

Why did Highlands fire Coach Weifering?

 

To be honest, the reasons behind this do not need to be disclosed in this public forum.

Was he one of the coaches red carded at the end of the St. Henry game? I never saw where it named him specifically... I just heard it was "coaches"

 

The answer to that question is "yes".

Seems to be a lot going on in the Fort these days, people wanting the football coach gone, Weifering gone which makes some happy and some not to the Macke's suing the state. Can't wait to see what is next.

Seems to be a lot going on in the Fort these days, people wanting the football coach gone, Weifering gone which makes some happy and some not to the Macke's suing the state. Can't wait to see what is next.

 

That is only the stuff you hear about. Iceberg city.

Joat is right on this. Some things don't belong on social media for discussion.

Joat is right on this. Some things don't belong on social media for discussion.

 

I spoke with JOAT privately and agree.

I have a great suggestions: Take Dixie's head coach. He's a Highlands grad. Perfect fit!

Just saw this thread and really curious about this. So the Highlands coach who it seems looking at records last few years has been very successful and has program going well was fired or asked to resign ? And when asked why it's stated its something that shouldn't be said on a message board . Ok but I've now also seen parents and players have rallied for him to keep the job and want him back. So what am I missing ? He did something that is not able to be revealed here but the parents and players have no idea what it is or they don't care and want him anyway? If this is the case then it's hard to believe he did anything bad or it's no big deal or why would they fight to keep him? Can't imagine a red card in a big game would be a reason or about every coach in every sport would be out of a job. What are we missing here something doesn't seem to add up or was this one disgruntled parent who took him down. Just seems really strange.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.