Covington Catholic 58 Moeller (OH) 53

From Mark Schmetzer of the Cincinnati Enquirer:

C.J. Fredrick and his Covington Catholic basketball team were determined to not be pushed around by Moeller Tuesday night.

The scar on the senior guard’s nose proved the Colonels brought an extra measure of toughnesss to their home court.

The Covington Catholic senior overcame five turnovers to score 23 points, 18 in the second half, and the Colonels held off the Crusaders for a 58-53 win in a battle of No. 1 teams before a raucous crowd.

Continue reading here>>> Covington Catholic tops Moeller in meeting of top teams

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High level game high school game. Great talent on both sides. Free throws were the difference and that killed Moeller. Shocked at how Coach Kramer handled the last two minutes. They let CCH run off over a minute when it was a six point game and their pressure forced three turnovers in the last three or four minutes. Didn't go into desperation mode until the one minute mark when it was too late.

My idea of close is within 10. So, in your opinion Lawnboy, do you think anyone can come this close to CovCath?

I am bias but I truly believe Cooper wins the region again. The improved play of Chris McNeil and Braydon Runion give them a good chance of repeating.

I am bias but I truly believe Cooper wins the region again. The improved play of Chris McNeil and Braydon Runion give them a good chance of repeating.

I definitely think Cooper is the only team that can compete with CovCath for the 9th region title. I am looking forward to seeing these two teams duke it out.

My idea of close is within 10. So, in your opinion Lawnboy, do you think anyone can come this close to CovCath?

Once the Mayer's and Lenihan return to basketball form, I don't think so.......much to the chagrin of my Cooper friends.

Edited by Lawnboy13