The best classic rock debut album of all time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally I can't think of another classic rock album that gets more radio play from every song that is on the record.

And yet they lost the Grammy for new artist to "The Starland Vocal Band." :ohbrother:

For me personally I can't think of another classic rock album that gets more radio play from every song that is on the record.

AC/DC - Back In Black

The Who - Who's Next

These are two of the top of my mind.

However, your question about debut albums, Boston's "Boston" would be my #1 pick. Foreigners debut release is pretty solid as well.

It appears that I may not be as old as some on here although I do like most of the choices I have seen so far. With that being said my choice would be Pearl Jam - Ten with Blind Melon self titled as a close second.

Good call. :thumb:

Their 2nd was interesting as well though very different making me eagerly anticipate an amazing career that unfortunately never happened due to Shannon Hoon's life being cut too short too soon.

Good call. :thumb:

Their 2nd was interesting as well though very different making me eagerly anticipate an amazing career that unfortunately never happened due to Shannon Hoon's life being cut too short too soon.

Nicco is really my favorite Blind Melon album.

Here's the track listing for Boston's debut album. I don't think there is another debut classic rock album that gets as much air play as these songs listed.

1. "More Than a Feeling" 4:46

2. "Peace of Mind" 5:02

3. "Foreplay/Long Time" 7:47

Side two

No. Title Length

4. "Rock & Roll Band" 3:00

5. "Smokin'" (Brad Delp, Scholz) 4:22

6. "Hitch a Ride" 4:12

7. "Something About You" 3:48

8. "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" (Brad Delp) 4:44