The best classic rock debut album of all time.

Classic Rock music is so hard to define here in 2017.As time keeps on slipping into the future more and more great classic debut albums have emerged. If I had to pick one debut album that has altered my own existence from start to finish it would be Boston's first album Boston... I know a lot of music enthusiast that are burnt out on this album because of radio play. Thank God I'm not one of them...I can still crank up more than feeling and listen to it just like I did the first time. For me that doesn't happen very often if ever.

This entire album is amazing and I would be willing to bet that the average music fan could say that they have heard every song on this album. This one has my vote. What's yours?

25114777_10160233670735131_194529357_n.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! Incredible !!! When I read the thread title, I knew immediately what my answer choice was. Guess what? You nailed it, Adopted Ad . Has to be Boston's debut. What an INCREDIBLE album--- one of my all-time favorites. For me, this is head-and-shoulders the top debut album!!! Hell, forget about debut album, this is one of the best albums ever, period!!!

Wow!!! Incredible !!! When I read the thread title, I knew immediately what my answer choice was. Guess what? You nailed it, Adopted Ad . Has to be Boston's debut. What an INCREDIBLE album--- one of my all-time favorites. For me, this is head-and-shoulders the top debut album!!! Hell, forget about debut album, this is one of the best albums ever, period!!!

For me personally I can't think of another classic rock album that gets more radio play from every song that is on the record.

For me personally I can't think of another classic rock album that gets more radio play from every song that is on the record.

I agree. At one time or another , about every song on the album has been my favorite. I think Long Time/ Foreplay is just a piece of classic rock art from start to finish. So many other good songs on the album, though. The last year or so , I've played the heck out of "Something About You."

Some that I'd have on my list of great debuts.

The Doors - The Doors

Led Zeppelin - Led I

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

Bad Company - Bad Company

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks

The Cars - The Cars

Foreigner - Foreigner

Boston - Boston

The Police - Outlandos d'Amour

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish

Oasis - Definitely Maybe

The Verve - A Storm In Heaven

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker

Wolfmother - Wolfmother

The ones mentioned so far a grea and hard to argue with. Here’s a few more for consideration.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers—“Tom Petty and the Heartbeakers”

Steely Dan—“Can’t Buy a Thrill”

U2-“Boy”

Lynyrd Skynyrd—“Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd”

Meat Loaf— “Bat out of Hell”

Metallica—Kill ‘em All”