Lack of close, competitive games in state finals!

I don't think the 6 classed have that much to do with the results. In the 10 years before we went to six classes there were some close games but may more blowouts.

A 14-13, 14-7 and 37-34 other 7 games all 14+

AA 15-12, 28-21 and 33-27 ot other games all 10+

AAA 21-13 other games all +14

AAAA had the most close games 3-0, 34-31 ot, 17-14, 14-6 and 59-56 but

the other 5 were all 20+

It was a bit closer in the last 10 years of 3 classes but only with the smaller schools.

A 6-2, 13-6, 14-6, 20-13, 21-13 and 30-23 3 +10 games

AA 19-14, 14-7 and 16-7 7 +10 games and 5 of those were +17

AAA 7-7 and 13-12 8 games +10 and of those 7 were +15

Just about every year there are going to be dominate teams and even if we went back to 3 classes better than half the finals aren't going to be nail bitters. All you can do is sit back and enjoy watching great teams perform.

I need to flag this thread and these two posts. It ain't broke people. Same as it ever was. Just two more classes of it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's go to 1 class... And forget all this "participation trophy" crap - let's not have a playoff game, at all. The number one team can play against itself, Bugs Bunny-style.

I am tired of all the whining from losers who want everyone to be in the playoffs. Just work harder.

Let's go to 1 class... And forget all this "participation trophy" crap - let's not have a playoff game, at all. The number one team can play against itself, Bugs Bunny-style.

I am tired of all the whining from losers who want everyone to be in the playoffs. Just work harder.

If only it were as simple as "just working harder". The implication that only the really good teams work hard couldn't be further from the truth.

Please, I'm tired of hearing the issues related with travel for the playoffs. Growing up in Durango Colorado, we had to travel on a school bus 12 hours, over 2 mountain passes, to compete in a playoff game in Loveland Colorado. I am sure that 3-4 hours on a bus wont break anybody. Use an RPI rating to seed playoff teams. Many states use this formula successfully.

If these kids would go to the school that they are supposed to be going to all the games would be more competitive,wether its regular season games,playoff games,or the state championship game.It would also give some of these schools a better chance at getting to the playoffs that has never been.Way too many of your better atheletes are going to the same school(no matter where they live)just because of the tradition of the school and its football or basketball program.I know guys I just opened up a can of worms.

If these kids would go to the school that they are supposed to be going to all the games would be more competitive,wether its regular season games,playoff games,or the state championship game.It would also give some of these schools a better chance at getting to the playoffs that has never been.Way too many of your better atheletes are going to the same school(no matter where they live)just because of the tradition of the school and its football or basketball program.I know guys I just opened up a can of worms.

What school are players "Supposed to go to"? Do the schools purchase some kind of rights to said players? Who gets to tell me where my kids are "supposed to go to"? Do I as a parent get to send my kids to a school that offers them a better education (those schools that excel in education also seem to excel in athletics)?

Unknown.jpg

What school are players "Supposed to go to"? Do the schools purchase some kind of rights to said players? Who gets to tell me where my kids are "supposed to go to"? Do I as a parent get to send my kids to a school that offers them a better education (those schools that excel in education also seem to excel in athletics)?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64915[/ATTACH]

That's one thing that people fail to mention (or notice) when complaining about transfers being for sports only. For the most part, having success in academics is a necessary part of having success in athletics.

That's one thing that people fail to mention (or notice) when complaining about transfers being for sports only. For the most part, having success in academics is a necessary part of having success in athletics.

Exactly, some neglect to see that. Many of the schools that consistently win in sports, are also leading their areas in test scores, students attending college stats, academic team success, ect. There is a reason.

Tongue buried so deep in your cheek right now! :lol2: