Should Tennessee hire Jurich?

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom would hire the best coach available. Are you saying Petrino would be the best available?
Everybody so far hasn't given them the time of day. I think they only way they could get an established coach like Petrino is hiring someone like Jurich who already has a relationship with Petrino. That job is a dumpster fire right now and whatever coach that comes in there would need to have a strong relationship with the AD.

Tennessee didn't hire Schiano because the fans went a-wall over the fact he may have known about the Sandusky stuff without any physical proof, I can't imagine what they'd do if they hired an AD that had experienced so many scandals at UofL. If I'm any program I am staying away from Jurich until the smoke clears.

Jurich would be a home run hire regardless of who he hires as football coach. UT has been so weak at the AD position it has allowed football to basically drop off the planet.

I agree, so let's hope they don't do it.

Jurich would be a home run hire regardless of who he hires as football coach. UT has been so weak at the AD position it has allowed football to basically drop off the planet.

And this is the basis for the negative comments in this thread. Jurich is one of the best, there is no denying it.

IF Jurich wants to get back into the AD game again then Tennessee would make a whole of sense. But he has some business to wrap up in Louisville that will likely result in a fairly large check.

Also, IF he did go to Knoxville then Petrino would seem to be a good football coach candidate purely as an Xs and Os coach. But Bobby may want to stay. His family never left Louisville after his first stint and they seem to be fairly well settled. Even if he wants to make the jump, tapping into his old rambling man ways, his family could veto it. And at this point he probably does not need the money.

But the fan base may reject either or both of these guys based on their (fan base) behavior over the last 48 hours.

It is an interesting 'package' in theory.