Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Tim Viox out at Newport?

Featured Replies

after a game this season, the police had to restrain some parents from Coach Viox, they were out of control.

I was just going to say the same thing. Newport has to be the toughest in NKY...at least in the Boone/Kenton/Campbell portion.

 

I was there for the previous 5 years. And being a Newport guy, I know how it is. But to a lot, especially outsiders coming in, it’s not fully understood. And even me giving a heads up on what to prepare for it still isn’t enough. You have to be around it to truly understand just how hard it is.

after a game this season, the police had to restrain some parents from Coach Viox, they were out of control.

 

We won’t dive into that, but yes there was an incident.

after a game this season, the police had to restrain some parents from Coach Viox, they were out of control.

 

So the parents went after Coach Viox? What was that about?

  • Author
after a game this season, the police had to restrain some parents from Coach Viox, they were out of control.

 

We won’t dive into that, but yes there was an incident.

 

So the parents went after Coach Viox? What was that about?

 

I was there for the previous 5 years. And being a Newport guy, I know how it is. But to a lot, especially outsiders coming in, it’s not fully understood. And even me giving a heads up on what to prepare for it still isn’t enough. You have to be around it to truly understand just how hard it is.

@NKYknowitall maybe this is the right time to tell everyone how hard it is at Newport?

@NKYknowitall maybe this is the right time to tell everyone how hard it is at Newport?

 

It’s just a different animal. If you’re not from there or can’t relate it’s tough to understand. There are reasons I can’t elaborate at the moment. Feel free to shoot me a message if you’d like but I can’t soeak on it.

  • Author
It’s just a different animal. If you’re not from there or can’t relate it’s tough to understand. There are reasons I can’t elaborate at the moment. Feel free to shoot me a message if you’d like but I can’t soeak on it.

 

I'm from Covington, try me?

I'm from Covington, try me?

 

Then you’d get it. I’ll give you more when I go on lunch. I’m at work.

I have a deep love for Newport and have close historic ties to the school. I think Newport is a far more difficult environment to teach/coach than it was even 10-15 years ago.

Is this controversial that he is out? Was there going to be more to this story?

  • Author
Is this controversial that he is out? Was there going to be more to this story?

 

The move to CI was preemptive figuring we may get into the parent problems, the lack of discipline, the social work nature of working at Newport, and a whole host of other issues that make getting anything done at Newport almost impossible.

Ru you are more than correct in your description. Not just Newport and Covington, but several of our local smaller urban campus schools face complications and obstacles that a great many fans and coaches have no concept about. Coaches in those school systems must be far more than just sports related mentors, they must be teachers, social workers, amateur psychologists and tireless support systems for their players and their families. It's just what the job is. I never cease to be amazed at the people who say that to compete these schools just need to "coach 'em up," or "work harder" or even the old school, "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People, especially other coaches, who think that is the case have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to working in places like these. But I'll say this too, when there is some measure of success, it is the most incredible high that I have ever experienced in athletics or anywhere else. It takes a certain mentality and a lot of patience and positivity to build a program at school like Newport, but it can be done. Kudos to guys like Coach Snapp and others around No. Ky. who have done so.

Ru you are more than correct in your description. Not just Newport and Covington, but several of our local smaller urban campus schools face complications and obstacles that a great many fans and coaches have no concept about. Coaches in those school systems must be far more than just sports related mentors, they must be teachers, social workers, amateur psychologists and tireless support systems for their players and their families. It's just what the job is. I never cease to be amazed at the people who say that to compete these schools just need to "coach 'em up," or "work harder" or even the old school, "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People, especially other coaches, who think that is the case have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to working in places like these. But I'll say this too, when there is some measure of success, it is the most incredible high that I have ever experienced in athletics or anywhere else. It takes a certain mentality and a lot of patience and positivity to build a program at school like Newport, but it can be done. Kudos to guys like Coach Snapp and others around No. Ky. who have done so.

 

Well said bulldog

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.