Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Floppers get called for a T?

Featured Replies

Seeing the most recent video on Twitter of everyone's All-American apparently flopping after a player moves his hand in front of his face got me to thinking.

 

If there is ZERO contact and a player flops, should a Technical Foul be called on the player?

 

Grayson Allen had a bad one last night.

Yes.

 

Since the NBA rule change it is not nearly as bad as it was at that level.

Grayson Allen had a bad one last night.

 

Surely not!!!!

YES!!!

 

Please, oh Lord, please make this a rule in college, high school and everywhere else.

 

I will add this. I am sick of the exaggerated head yank back on any hint of contact by an offensive player trying to draw a call. Same deal. I would love to see refs call a technical on these fakers also. For N. Ky. basketball fans, this would be called the Nick Ruthsatz rule.

I have seen it called exactly once in my life. In a high school game.

I have seen it called exactly once in my life. In a high school game.

 

Same here.

Saw it called in a game at Jackson City against one of our Owls guards back in 1982. Haven’t seen it called since.

I agree that this needs to be seriously implemented as a violation!!

 

UConn should have had three flop T’s called on them in the 2014 championship game vs UK. Two of them were so blatant that it was ridiculous. But alas the Cats were nailed with personal fouls, by a certain ref that also called UK’s Wisconsin and UNC losses.

It is a rule and has always been. You cannot fake being fouled.

  • Author
It is a rule and has always been. You cannot fake being fouled.

 

Has anyone seen it called in college basketball? You'd think on a few of these when they went to the replay they would see there was no contact and T someone up if it was a rule already.

It is a rule and has always been. You cannot fake being fouled.

I thought it was but wasn’t certain.

 

It’s definitely not enforced. Might as well not be a rule. Or maybe needs to be re-written and better enforced.

I thought it was but wasn’t certain.

 

It’s definitely not enforced. Might as well not be a rule. Or maybe needs to be re-written and better enforced.

 

I knew it was a rule when I was a kid back in the early 90's, ten years ago when I was studying for my referee test the booklet read that a technical should be administer if a player "fakes being fouled" it does not actually use the word "flop."

 

There is actually another rule about "swinging elbows" which is a violation even if the elbow does not touch anyone. It is not treated as a foul, but a turnover like a travel or out of bounds.

 

There is actually another rule about "swinging elbows" which is a violation even if the elbow does not touch anyone. It is not treated as a foul, but a turnover like a travel or out of bounds.

 

Yep. I see it called every once in a while

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.