Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 40 Owensboro Catholic 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total dominance by Mayfield on both sides of the ball. Mayfield had almost 500 yds of total offense close to 300 of it rushing to OC’s 114 ish yds of total offense. OC had 1 big play. A 72 yd jump ball that they come down with for the score. I thought OC defense looked really good at times. Jus wasn’t strong enough to contain Mayfields weapons.

 

Was surprised to see the OC players taking small cheap shots after the plays were over. Lots of mouthing as well which led to a one of their players getting ejected. Guess they were frustrated. Cardinals keep rolling!

From where i was standing, the players and coaches of O Cath lost their composure...as to the fans that almost got into it, well, im sure there is blame to go around for all involved. Hard fought victory for the Cardinals tonite.

Mayfield dominated the game just struggled to get touchdowns the first half. Second half was a different story.

This game could have easily been 56-0. Mayfield squandered several scoring opportunity's in the 1st half. The endzone stuff was unnecessary between both sets of fans.

Mayfield was clearly the better team tonight... OC defense kept them in it until middle of 3rd and just couldnt sustain. I do know OC was without their best olineman who also started on defense and lost another one during the game. Mayfield dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides and wore OC down. As for what happened toward end of game I dont recall an OC player being thrown out but it did get a little ugly on that side between fans, players, and coaches. Despite those few fans, I wish Mayfield luck and hope they bring it home.

Is it me or is that RED team out west sneaking up and playing real good and not having to go no where but WAR Memorial Stadium.

As for the game, I agree. Easily could have been a shut out. I thought we would have been fired up for this game but we started so sluggish. Took us a long while to get out of it. What was with the drive though Either right before half or after. First there was an early snap then two qb draws back to back. I’m so glad we came out firing second half because the first was hard to watch. We will need that second half fire both halves next week to win.

Is it me or is that RED team out west sneaking up and playing real good and not having to go no where but WAR Memorial Stadium.
I can tell you I like the way you think!

Take away the OC touchdown and they finish the game with 30 yards of offense. It was just a matter of time before Mayfield started rolling up the points. As I expected, this ended up being the most lopsided of the last three.

There may be a long line at the confessional this weekend for some of those that call Owensboro home. SMH

Congrats to Mayfield good luck against CAL!!!!!!

Come watch any game catholic looses. And when they loose BIG, they really get stupid. Cheap shots, trash talking, name calling and the usual, "they cheated". Usually long lines in confession Saturday mornings.

Alright Joe Morris. If there is a man who can stop milton wright, I believe it to be you. Mayfield playing great football and peaking at the perfect time, as usual! Keep going Cardinals

Idk, I'll have to go back and watch it, but I wonder if OC didn't show something different than MF was expecting. Seems like MF made some adjustments along the way that really changed things.

 

Congrats to OC on a great season. This will probably get me in trouble with my MF brethren, but I have a great deal of respect for OC. This isn't a private school that does the cherry picked all-star team thing. They execute well, play hard-nosed, physical football and fight you from snap to whistle. Almost every one of those kids is playing above their abilities. Those are some good kids playing football the way it's supposed to be played.

 

Yeah, it got a little chippy there at the end, but I think it was a fan or player or two that don't represent the entire program. Safe travels on the way home.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.