Mayfield 40 Owensboro Catholic 7

TnCatFan

Alright Joe Morris. If there is a man who can stop milton wright, I believe it to be you. Mayfield playing great football and peaking at the perfect time, as usual! Keep going Cardinals

I sure hope you’re right. It’s not hard to see one side of our secondary is extremely susceptible to big plays and being picked on. If things don’t change next Friday will be a long night.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC was a physical team, just couldn't Marc mayfield' s horses and team spead, # 5 and # 4 were 2 of the tuffest hard nose runners we have seen all year, they just didn't have room to run, # 5 just refused to go down. I hear on another thread we are already beat next week tho.

Hate to hear things got ugly at the end because I have really enjoyed covering this game for the past 3 years. Sounds like Catholic couldn't get out of their own way offensively tonight. Sounded like bad snaps all night long. Combine that with Mayfield dominating the line of scrimmage and the Aces were in for a long night. That was why I picked Mayfield to win the game. I didn't think Catholic had the lines to hold up. Either way, I feel like Coach Edge did another great coaching job with this group. They improved every step of the way this season, even losing their prime time QB after 3 games, they hung in and finished strong. Good luck to Mayfield the rest of the way. I really enjoy interacting with the Cardinal fan base this time of year. Go take it home!

Yeah those 2 qb draws for loses kinda had me like what are we doing? I didn't know exactly why they had Stinson trying to run qb sneaks. As for the fight, it looked wild watching the OC fans rushing out of the stands to fight. That was crazy! Those cops couldn't get across the field fast enough.

On the Wright thing, obviously I would never share it here, but there is a plan in place and it's a good one.

I hope it's what Lawson did back when we played. I haven't seen one big time reciever/coaching staff figure that out yet but I won't give it away if that's what they do. I just know it's frustrating for a reciever that is use to getting alot of touches during the game.

I sure hope you’re right. It’s not hard to see one side of our secondary is extremely susceptible to big plays and being picked on. If things don’t change next Friday will be a long night.

Yeah, given up touchdown passes about four or five times this season there, most notably against Corbin. It seams that teams would go "back to the well" until it doesn't work anymore. Very interested to see how we match up next week. Given that these coaches know just how dangerous Wright can be after last year, I cant wait to see what they come up with.

#60 for OC is a great player on both sides. Highlighting him as the reason for the loss is nonsense.

Some of those bad snaps might be the result of MF's nose guard. Ashley goes 300 lbs and is crazy quick and athletic for that size. He's the sweetest kid you will meet off the field, but he plays like someone just slapped his mother. If you had that 300 lb freight train banging on you all night with bad intentions, I bet you would have an errant snap or two as well.

Both of these teams pride themselves on being physical and imposing there will and most of the time they do that. In this game, Mayfield was able to do it and really controlled the line of scrimmage. In the 2nd half, it became more and more apparent and I'm sure that had to be demoralizing and frustrating to the Aces kids and that's when the cheap shots started and things got chippy. Fortunately, the Mayfield players didn't take the bait and get themselves thrown out and disqualified for next week. At the same time, they aren't going to let a team get away with those tactics and get someone hurt either. It came close to being a disaster, but, thank goodness the Coaching staff gathered there players and got control of things. As far as the fans go, every team has there fair share of loud, obnoxious fans that sometimes feed off what's happening on the field. Throw alcohol in the mix and it can become a dangerous situation. Fortunately, the cops got a handle on it about as quickly as it started and no one got injured or taken to jail..

Which ever kid is #45 is who I saw throw the cheap shot after the May kid was down. It was uncalled for! the game wasn't out of hand at that point and when you lose you composure it sucks the life out of the game for your. Of course the head coach of OC goes bunkers and gets a flag thrown. That doesn't help your kids either. I understand tension is high but that stuff is uncalled for.

I had heard OC had stated on radio show few days before the game that Mayfield wasn't very good running the ball or tackling and he felt they had great chances of scoring on special teams. Little bulletin board material I guess. Wonder how he feels now?

Score was as close as it could've been. Mayfield dominated both sides of the ball. As far as fan altercation I'm sure both sides were at fault. It has nothing to do with where the truck was parked. Those vehicles are always there and never a problem. One side wasn't happy with how game was going and the other side was probably too happy.....

Catholic has a bunch of good fans and many good players. But there are a couple (of both) that show their collective butts when catholic is getting beat. There were cheap shots thrown during the catholic ohs game. A little extra after a play is over and stuff like that. Then when your head coach has a melt down, what do you do? When they get it handed to them (granted which isn't often) they do not react well. When they are blowing teams out, they get pretty bad also. If you dish it out, you'd better be able to take it, because there's going to be a team that will hand it to you. There's always next season.

It was a very vanilla 40-7 score. I think it was only 13-7 at halftime?? Second half MF came out and ran the ball well. OC couldn't get anything going on offense all night long. #11 for OC had a nice receiving TD, but then promptly went over to MF endzone fans wagging his finger and running his mouth. I'd say that lit a fire under the collective rear ends of MF players and fans. OC had a tough ball club, very gritty and didn't quit. As far as the bad blood, I'm sure OC is tired of loosing to MF, and I think MF fans might have been rubbing that in a little. The next few years in this series should be interesting, provided OC and MF can continue to make it to the Regional CC.