Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 40 Owensboro Catholic 7

Featured Replies

Teams in Catholic's district will have to come up to catholic's level, catholic won't back up that far. Problem that Catholic will have is two fold. Number of players period and size of their line. Looks like their qb situation is set for the next couple of years and their next running back up is a pretty good (from what I have seen so far) freshman. Catholic will always have receivers, wish they could could say that for their lineman. IMO the best the rest of the district could hope for would be for Catholic to move down to 1A. Don't know that that will happen any time soon.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id agree with 74devil. Catholics district is awful, so they should get to this game every year i would expect. I saw this L coming, they had 1 quality win all year in game 1 against Daviess County. After that they played 3 teams that were average or better (apollo, S warren, mayfield) took the loss in all 3. Beating Mclean and Butler Co, is not a big feat. Thats why i assumed the Mayfield buzzsaw would get them. Hate that it got chippy, but when the head guy is losing it everybody else follows. They could not run the ball this year and struggled to throw it consistently. That lack of having a true identity hurt them, I can't see it getting much better next year with line play from what I have heard. My bet is same type years going forward, crush Mclean, hancock, butler, todd co, webster, murray...and then out.

Rosco, would you honestly say that Daviess County was quality win (other than they were a 6A school)? I am hurt that you didn't put my devils in as average or better (yes, down this year, not for lack of talent). Owensboro ran them off the field. Back to the subject. Catholic is going to have to schedule a tougher non-district schedule in order to keep up with Mayfield, cause their district lulls them into a false sense of security. I don't think scheduling Warren South the last game of the season was such a smart move either. Don't want to play a game that tough at the end of the season. Don't want to go into the playoffs with a potential loss or having players play in such an intense game. It looks as though Catholic was lucky to get away without getting blown off the field, how would that have set them up for district play?

74devil. I’m a devil grad man. Ohs was just so up and down and had a losing record. That is why I didn’t classify them as quality team. I know they’ll be back. I agree with the false sense of security. You start believing your press when in reality it’s against middel school type teams.

Yep, then they run into a team like mayfield and get it handed to em. Coach melts down, players fall apart, then the fans get stupid. This wasn't the first time the Aces have come off the rails. Cheap shots, taunting, yelling at the fans.......We've both seen it at OCHS games. Now it's moved on to Mayfield, they are taking their show on the road. Too bad it didn't get to play longer.

74Devil are you serious?? In one sentence you say play a tougher schedule and then by the end you say don't play South Warren cuz it's the last game of the year before playoffs. I would say Daviess is a quality win plus it's a local game. Daviess was 7 points from being Region Champs. While South Warren beat OC-- it was by the smallest margin of all their wins-- and to think South Warren is still playing.

 

Does a team get to pick their district teams?? I don't think they do. Their head coach can't pick and choose.

 

Now for the Mayfield-- that is not a slouch of a program. Plenty of championship trophies in the case for them.

 

I don't know the actions of the head coach in the game or if he blew up- but could it be cuz calls were going against his players that may cause injury?

 

Sounds to me like you and Rosco are very similar in your thoughts. Coach Edge and his staff do a great job!

Whoever brought the aforementioned flatbed truck should leave it parked in the barn. Doesnt look like something befitting a team that is top 5 in the nation in all time wins.

Have to love high school sports. Two teams and one hundred point of views. So who is telling the truth?

Lets get off this thread... Mayfield was the better team and they won. Their fans need to worry about CAL. Not sure why a few Owensboro fans are on here stringing this out, especially when yall havent commented on anything all year. Good luck next week Mayfield. Represent Western KY for us all!

Just got on and made a comment or two. If I have offended or upset I apologize. Didn't realize I needed to be from Mayfield to say that Catholic's fans have acted this way before, the points I made initially had to do with how they acted. Haven't been here to make comments all year. Join date November 17.

74Devil are you serious?? In one sentence you say play a tougher schedule and then by the end you say don't play South Warren cuz it's the last game of the year before playoffs. I would say Daviess is a quality win plus it's a local game. Daviess was 7 points from being Region Champs. While South Warren beat OC-- it was by the smallest margin of all their wins-- and to think South Warren is still playing.

 

Does a team get to pick their district teams?? I don't think they do. Their head coach can't pick and choose.

 

Now for the Mayfield-- that is not a slouch of a program. Plenty of championship trophies in the case for them.

 

I don't know the actions of the head coach in the game or if he blew up- but could it be cuz calls were going against his players that may cause injury?

 

Sounds to me like you and Rosco are very similar in your thoughts. Coach Edge and his staff do a great job!

 

I wasn't saying not to play south warren. It was the timing of the game I was concerned with. No, you don't pick your district schedule but when you know there is a team like Mayfield waiting in the wings (that Catholic does not play in the regular season), you would think you'd play teams their of their caliber to help get you ready. If Daviess County hadn't gotten on a roll in the play offs and bowed out in the first round, would you still consider them a quality win? I believe coach Edge gets the most out of his players, but this isn't the first I've heard or seen of him, players, and fans acting this way. May be off point but that's the point I was making.

For those that don't know. All of those vehicles parked down in the endzone have every right to be there. They are sold by the booster club. There isn't anything any other school or khsaa can do about it. It's part of the mystique of war memorial stadium. It's the only stadium around where you can tailgate and watch the game and never have to move. It will get rowdy at times especially when fans, coaches or players come to that end and taunt the fans. As for this game, it's over. Next up, bring on CAL!!!! it should be a good one.

I think the endzone parking is unique as well. Not many other schools have that, and it makes for a great experience (plus it raises money for booster club). Just another part of the tradition at MF.

I wasn’t talking about trucks in end zone. I was talking about truck that was just outside of players’ fence and beside visitors stands. It appeared to move closer during game. A bunch of Mayfield’s finest we’re on the back. I’m not a fighter and agree there were idiots on both sides. Original post implied OC fans went out to start a fight. Seems to me that the truck full of MF finest on our side could have instigated fight. Water under bridge. Both teams are what they are. I saw some late hits by both teams. To say it was one-sided is foolish.

I wasn’t talking about trucks in end zone. I was talking about truck that was just outside of players’ fence and beside visitors stands. It appeared to move closer during game. A bunch of Mayfield’s finest we’re on the back. I’m not a fighter and agree there were idiots on both sides. Original post implied OC fans went out to start a fight. Seems to me that the truck full of MF finest on our side could have instigated fight. Water under bridge. Both teams are what they are. I saw some late hits by both teams. To say it was one-sided is foolish.

 

With all that being said good season steeleaces, your more than welcone to come join us MF fans and partake in the festivities on Friday Or tune in on the web at wymc to listen. Good season for the aces. On to CAL

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.