Advice for trip to Nashville

RoyalWildcat

Myself and 5 buddies of mine will be making the trip to Nashville in 2 weeks to catch the UK/Vanderbilt football game, this will be the first of hopefully many trips of ours traveling around to away Kentucky football and basketball games.

So for our trip to Nashville is there anything we should and should not do?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Book an Airbnb a few miles from down town. Hotels are expensive. Go to broadway and second street area. Atmosphere is outstanding. No covers, live music on every floor, beers 5 or 6 bucks.

If it is too crowded there are many cool bars in the gulch area about 12 blocks away.

Stay Sunday and catch the Bengals.

Start at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and work your way down Broadway. Lots and lots of live music.

Most have a backdoor in the alley next to the Rhyman. If there is a line out front to get in, just go around to the alley...the line is normally way shorter to non existent around back.

Get a room in Goodlettsville and drive or catch an Uber to downtown. All roads should lead you to The Stage. Trust me.

PS: if you're taking your women, no roads should lead to The Stage.

My girlfriend is a pre-med student so unfortunately this trip will be a sausage fest. :meh:

As someone that has been to Nashville probably more than everyone in this thread combined, it is all about your taste. To start, it is insane how heavily traveled to Nashville is... one of the top tourist spots in the world. Any random day downtown and it is absolute traffic chaos. I am not a Country Music guy, so Nashville wears on me. Downtown provides all of that and then some, with multiple venues to partake in these activities. The Stage and Tooties, previously mentioned, are the top two destinations, but many other smaller bars are in the vicinity that you can walk right in to, and it is all within walking distance, which is nice. West End Nashville near Vandy can get you away from the hustle and bustle. Also, great food in Nashville like Urban Grub, Burger Up, etc.

Edited by bugatti