College Football is better when?

GrantNKY

When there is a reasonable semblance of parity.

Exactly!

Not enough teams get in the playoffs which means the best NFL talent coming out of high school gravitates towards a few teams stacked at the top. Then you have a bunch of College D1 also-ran teams that get out there and compete but they have little or no chance against the top teams.

In short, I find College Football to be rather boring because of the lack of parity.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

College football is at its best when they have the really good teams (let's say... Bama, Texas, OSU, Michigan, USC) but also have upsets in major bowl games. It keeps the whole "magic of college football" there. 2007 Fiesta Bowl anyone? :sneaky:

In alphabetical order: Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, USC. These 7 schools reign supreme for me as far as I think it really helps the sport of college football when they are elite teams within the sport.

I think those are a good list but it's the great rivalries that make it great (if Miami is great, then it's better if FSU is great too). I'd add one SEC power, Florida State, Oklahoma just to make great rivalry games.

How so?

I sit all day and watched games, no responsibility on Saturday. I knew every team and who was on them, and rankings.

Now Im married I dont know crap but Alabama is king and I have to do house and yard work and take kids to ball games and do stuff with the wife.

Im lucky to see a college game.