Trinity 48 St. Xavier 0 (Frosh)

All Tell

Rocks dominated from beginning to end. St. X turned it over 4-5 times, had a punt blocked and returned for a TD, ( I think a fumble was returned for a TD as well), and x could not move the ball at all. T is good on both sides of the ball! Real Good! Kicker is unreal! D is nasty. QB West is elusive and smart (might need to throw a little sooner). X has size as usual, but QB's can't throw at all (right now). Again, T is very, very good.

I really expected X to give them a much better game. In the first game a few big plays allowed the score to get out of hand. In this game it wasn't the big plays, it was total domination. The enormous X linemen couldn't move the Trinity linemen. It was a really impressive performance. When X couldn't run the ball they tried to pass. They passed like it was the first time they had ever tried it. There was a quote from Coach Wolford in this morning's CJ. The comment was about the varsity game, but I think it describes the offensive philosophy at all levels of the X program. ""As an old offensive lineman, I like to win up front and wear people out." That philosophy will win a lot of games, I just don't think it beats Trinity very often. Trinity is tough to wear out. It will happen sometimes, just not most of the time.