Russell at West Carter Predictions 9/22

GOREDDEVILS

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

History says Russell will win. Maybe the worst Russell team West Carter has had the opportunity to play due to some injuries and not really having a special player like they usually do over the years. I would give Russell the edge for the win, but if they don't think it will be completive they will be badly mistaken. West Carter is young and doesn't have a strong team this year but they have 3 very good and very fast skill players that can change anytime the ball is in their hands.

Can't Wait to see what happens Friday night!

It will be interesting to see if any of the 4 injured Devils play next Friday. I know Malakai Anderson(torn maniscus) is out Friday for sure and Russell hopes to have him back against Fleming County. I am not sure about the the other 3. The radio crew for Russell said Jaeden Layne wasn't putting any pressure on his leg. Who knows about Nathan Brinkman since he's already playing with a torn labrum and took a shot to the shoulder. I think they said Sam Ewing took a shot to the leg as well and never returned.

It will be interesting to see if any of the 4 injured Devils play next Friday. I know Malakai Anderson(torn maniscus) is out Friday for sure and Russell hopes to have him back against Fleming County. I am not sure about the the other 3. The radio crew for Russell said Jaeden Layne wasn't putting any pressure on his leg. Who knows about Nathan Brinkman since he's already playing with a torn labrum and took a shot to the shoulder. I think they said Sam Ewing took a shot to the leg as well and never returned.

I'm not sure about the extent of Jaeden's injury, but initially, it didn't look good. As far as Nathan Brinkman goes, him leaving games because of his shoulder is something that might be a regular occurrence for the rest of the season. He seems to heal up enough between games to give it a go the following week, so he might be back out there on Friday.

This senior class has dealt with more injuries than any I can remember at Russell in a long time.

The bottom half of this district is wide open. 4 teams for 2 spots.

Overall, the district appears a little better this year, which is good to see. Pendleton's already got as many wins this year as they had the last two years combined. I think Lewis County's at least as good as last year. They've scored 56 and 46 points in their last two games. That's their best offensive output in three years.

However, I do look for the same four teams to make the playoffs again this year.

Overall, the district appears a little better this year, which is good to see. Pendleton's already got as many wins this year as they had the last two years combined. I think Lewis County's at least as good as last year. They've scored 56 and 46 points in their last two games. That's their best offensive output in three years.

However, I do look for the same four teams to make the playoffs again this year.

You're likely right, but it will be closer you think.

I do as well but the issue is going to be the playoffs. Talk about a bad draw. All 4 teams in the opposite district have higher power rankings in both systems than anyone in D5.

Other than a few guys cramping up on both teams there were no injuries to their playmakers , and Nicholas is not a total rebuild ... they have several experienced players back and several young ones starting to figure it out ... west carter is a good team with a ton of speed and the Jackets came up with some huge plays offensively and defensively ...

I do as well but the issue is going to be the playoffs. Talk about a bad draw. All 4 teams in the opposite district have higher power rankings in both systems than anyone in D5.

I like the idea of seeing some new opposition, though. Russell hasn't seen Lexington Catholic or Boyle County since the late 90's/early 00's. Hopefully, the Devils get the chance to face one of them, preferably at home after winning the district. I know your Wildcats took one on the chin against Wandale and Co., but I think Western Hills and Garrard County are winnable games depending on how the 1st round pairings shake out.