Russell at West Carter Predictions 9/22

GOREDDEVILS

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

History says Russell will win. Maybe the worst Russell team West Carter has had the opportunity to play due to some injuries and not really having a special player like they usually do over the years. I would give Russell the edge for the win, but if they don't think it will be completive they will be badly mistaken. West Carter is young and doesn't have a strong team this year but they have 3 very good and very fast skill players that can change anytime the ball is in their hands.

Can't Wait to see what happens Friday night!

I don't doubt that Coach Brown will have his kids focused and ready to go. He's been coaching in Olive Hill for a long time and I'm sure he's itching to get that first win over Russell.

As far as this game goes, does Rivers have the kind of arm to make Russell pay if they load the box to shut down Peyton and the rest of the running game? West hasn't had much success throwing the ball against Russell over the years, even when Braden was taking the snaps.

I like the idea of seeing some new opposition, though. Russell hasn't seen Lexington Catholic or Boyle County since the late 90's/early 00's. Hopefully, the Devils get the chance to face one of them, preferably at home after winning the district. I know your Wildcats took one on the chin against Wandale and Co., but I think Western Hills and Garrard County are winnable games depending on how the 1st round pairings shake out.

Robinson is the real thing. Can cut full speed like no one I've seen in HS around here. And his full speed is a lot faster too.