Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 21 Highlands 18

Featured Replies

Game was over... Unforgivable offensive play calling when up 18-7

 

This will be the one to look back at in November.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They were throwing the ball up 11 with 6 min left.

 

3 straight downs?

I've heard rumors that they don't practice tackling at all. They leave that up to game time to figure out tackling. I don't know if that's true but if it is that is a big problem. I could understand that you don't want your kids getting hurt, but I believe they are more likely to hurt as untrained tacklers in game time.

 

I don't know if this is true or not, but you could convince me real easy by the looks of things. I love my Birds, but man this is hard to watch.

3 straight downs?

 

Somebody was quoted saying that but not sure.

Let's be honest here..

 

LexCath isn't a bad team... but this is far from one of the better LexCath teams of the past five to six years.

Let's be honest here..

 

LexCath isn't a bad team... but this is far from one of the better LexCath teams of the past five to six years.

 

Average team.

  • Author
They were throwing the ball up 11 with 6 min left.

 

I've seen times when they were throwing the ball up 60 with 6 minutes left.

Lex Cath and Highlands looked similarly sized.... smaller than your average hs football team. That shouldn't be a problem though.

 

I've heard rumors that they don't practice tackling at all. They leave that up to game time to figure out tackling. I don't know if that's true but if it is that is a big problem. I could understand that you don't want your kids getting hurt, but I believe they are more likely to hurt as untrained tacklers in game time.

 

They do sell tackling donuts alot of teams use them even youth teams.

No official stats yet but Dameon Jones apparently went for 200+ on the ground for LC. I saw that on Twitter for what it's worth.

No official stats yet but Dameon Jones apparently went for 200+ on the ground for LC. I saw that on Twitter for what it's worth.

Kids a good back, SC transfer.

Let's be honest here..

 

LexCath isn't a bad team... but this is far from one of the better LexCath teams of the past five to six years.

 

Lex Cath has a stud RB that they underuse. No 4, smaller RB with speed. He would spin out of the pile when you thought the play was dead. Hard to bring down Derren Sproles kinda kid. Gave it to him about 1/3 of the run plays and they passed a lot. If I was coach of Lex Cath that kid would be returning kicks and be the bell cow.

Somebody was quoted saying that but not sure.

With 7 min left...3-passes then QB pooch punt... Lex Cath gets ball With still 7 min or high 6's on clock

Saw the game... it was NOT Highlands Football. No grit. No life. No heart. No will to win. Somehow there is no more "TOUGH" in the organization. It's as if there's no understanding of what Highlands Football is supposed to be about. Not sure whats going on, but it's not good. Something has got to change! ... Big time! It looks systemic. I don't blame the kids. I can't take much more of it though. God help the Birds.

Lex Cath has a stud RB that they underuse. No 4, smaller RB with speed. He would spin out of the pile when you thought the play was dead. Hard to bring down Derren Sproles kinda kid. Gave it to him about 1/3 of the run plays and they passed a lot. If I was coach of Lex Cath that kid would be returning kicks and be the bell cow.

Jones is a very good player and was used as a "bell cow" back last season but is coming off a major knee injury that he suffered in the playoffs last year. One of the most underrated kids in the state IMO. He had huge numbers against some of the best teams LC played last season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.