Lexington Catholic 21 Highlands 18

mcpapa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard rumors that they don't practice tackling at all. They leave that up to game time to figure out tackling. I don't know if that's true but if it is that is a big problem. I could understand that you don't want your kids getting hurt, but I believe they are more likely to hurt as untrained tacklers in game time.

I don't know if this is true or not, but you could convince me real easy by the looks of things. I love my Birds, but man this is hard to watch.

Lex Cath and Highlands looked similarly sized.... smaller than your average hs football team. That shouldn't be a problem though.

I've heard rumors that they don't practice tackling at all. They leave that up to game time to figure out tackling. I don't know if that's true but if it is that is a big problem. I could understand that you don't want your kids getting hurt, but I believe they are more likely to hurt as untrained tacklers in game time.

They do sell tackling donuts alot of teams use them even youth teams.

Let's be honest here..

LexCath isn't a bad team... but this is far from one of the better LexCath teams of the past five to six years.

Lex Cath has a stud RB that they underuse. No 4, smaller RB with speed. He would spin out of the pile when you thought the play was dead. Hard to bring down Derren Sproles kinda kid. Gave it to him about 1/3 of the run plays and they passed a lot. If I was coach of Lex Cath that kid would be returning kicks and be the bell cow.

Saw the game... it was NOT Highlands Football. No grit. No life. No heart. No will to win. Somehow there is no more "TOUGH" in the organization. It's as if there's no understanding of what Highlands Football is supposed to be about. Not sure whats going on, but it's not good. Something has got to change! ... Big time! It looks systemic. I don't blame the kids. I can't take much more of it though. God help the Birds.

Lex Cath has a stud RB that they underuse. No 4, smaller RB with speed. He would spin out of the pile when you thought the play was dead. Hard to bring down Derren Sproles kinda kid. Gave it to him about 1/3 of the run plays and they passed a lot. If I was coach of Lex Cath that kid would be returning kicks and be the bell cow.

Jones is a very good player and was used as a "bell cow" back last season but is coming off a major knee injury that he suffered in the playoffs last year. One of the most underrated kids in the state IMO. He had huge numbers against some of the best teams LC played last season.