6A AP Poll

UK#1fanisback

Historically, I'd agree but I believe the gap is narrowing. Once the new school is built in SC, SK wears the crown of the best 6A team outside of Jefferson County. That scenario and a gold VISA card will get you a latte at Starbucks, and a third playoff game loss to X or T.

3 years from now? No easy way to judge the talent at the Frosh level for either SK or the SC players that remain or will be playing for the new school. You really could say this for just about any 6A team outside of Jefferson Cty. Maybe SK should schedule Cov Cath between now and the next 3 years to find out if the crown fits before buying it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh. The same old tired schedule complaint. To say we don't play anyone is an insult to the teams on our schedule, who have 5 times more state titles than Scott County does in football.

Outside of talent, the difference between SC and SK is SC wants to actually compete for a state championship, not pretend. Compare Moeller and LaSalle to Bryan Station and Meade Cty, which two will better prepare you for the playoffs? Which two will test and push you to get better?

And what did they prove? The logic escapes me.

SC tested themselves by playing better competition. If they lose the game, they still got experience that they wouldn't have gotten playing a simple win all ten game, don't test yourself schedule some others play. If they win, they beat two really good Ohio teams and will give them some confidence heading in to the remainder of their season.

Historically, I'd agree but I believe the gap is narrowing. Once the new school is built in SC, SK wears the crown of the best 6A team outside of Jefferson County. That scenario and a gold VISA card will get you a latte at Starbucks, and a third playoff game loss to X or T.

And what happens if and when open enrollment ends in Kenton County? You know that's why SK is a sustained power in NKY, right?

New school isn't coming for 3-4 years and isn't going to be half the size SC is now. I respect that you have pride in SK but reality is they are not close to the talent level of SC, don't play anywhere close to the same strength of schedule, and haven't made a playoff run in my time following HS football. They win 9 to 11 games every year but play nobody tough outside of NKY and get bounced 1st or 2nd round every year.

SK hasn't been bounced in the first or second round in at least 5 years. Scott CO's state title came after playing one of their weakest schedules ever and people were saying the same things about them as they are about SK. As for ranking one over the other I don't really care but just playing a good team doesn't warrant a higher ranking you eventually have to win one.

And what happens if and when open enrollment ends in Kenton County? You know that's why SK is a sustained power in NKY, right?

I do. SK has a great coaching staff that has created a ton of buzz about the program locally. We have a developing youth program that puts an emphasis on fundamentals and 'team'. In addition, Independence has had a large population increase in the past 10 years.

Again, open enrollment does not help SK or Dixie. Both schools are full. Open enrollment would benefit Scott, if a student were to desire a move from DH or SK.

3 years from now? No easy way to judge the talent at the Frosh level for either SK or the SC players that remain or will be playing for the new school. You really could say this for just about any 6A team outside of Jefferson Cty. Maybe SK should schedule Cov Cath between now and the next 3 years to find out if the crown fits before buying it.

CovCath has only really been decent the last 2 years and this year they are extremely good. Get off of the "Schedule CovCath thing". Scheduling CovCath 3 or 4 years ago was like scheduling a mediocre team and why would SK schedule a mediocre 5A team when they have to schedule 6A teams. Come on. Could you honestly say 3 or 4 years ago that you thought CovCath would be where they are? Who's to say they will be decent in a couple years? We really need to get over the scheduling thing.

CovCath has only really been decent the last 2 years and this year they are extremely good. Get off of the "Schedule CovCath thing". Scheduling CovCath 3 or 4 years ago was like scheduling a mediocre team and why would SK schedule a mediocre 5A team when they have to schedule 6A teams. Come on. Could you honestly say 3 or 4 years ago that you thought CovCath would be where they are? Who's to say they will be decent in a couple years? We really need to get over the scheduling thing.

When you shout out to be ranked higher or there is a debate about where SK is ranked, the schedule is absolutely a consideration. You can't have it both ways.

Either schedule better teams and continue to win, then the respect and rankings will come. Continue to schedule Our Lady of the Blind and SK will continue to be considered a Top 10 team, but never a legit title contender.

You mad bro?? Yes, I did anticipate them being good. Those players were stud athletes in youth football, basketball and baseball. My kid played with and against many of them. That's what feeder programs are for, right?? SK has one and pretty darn good one. Produced some studs as well. So don't you think they would have anticipated success 3-4 years ago? The scheduling thing is valid. Sorry man, don't pretend I'm the only one bringing it up. Heck I just wondered about Cov Cath. I mentioned nothing about the rest of the schedule. If the shoe fits, right ?? Seriously, people, even you have hit Ryle hard about, "who have they beat??"

I do. SK has a great coaching staff that has created a ton of buzz about the program locally. We have a developing youth program that puts an emphasis on fundamentals and 'team'. In addition, Independence has had a large population increase in the past 10 years.

Again, open enrollment does not help SK or Dixie. Both schools are full. Open enrollment would benefit Scott, if a student were to desire a move from DH or SK.

Respectfully, I disagree. There's no doubt Marksberry and his staff are great coaches. I believe that the SK staff could do more with a weak roster than most NKY coaches could. However, SK doesn't have down cycles as far as talent goes. You can't sell me on the belief that open enrollment doesn't help SK when they always have the Jimmys and Joes.

If we are looking three or four years ahead, the team to watch out for is Ryle. Boone County has decided that Ryle will become a super school and student population is going to increase past 2,000. Good demographics, good football program and increasing numbers are a good formula for success. If I were going to have to pick the top program in Northern Kentucky in five years, I'm thinking Ryle might be the choice.

If we are looking three or four years ahead, the team to watch out for is Ryle. Boone County has decided that Ryle will become a super school and student population is going to increase past 2,000. Good demographics, good football program and increasing numbers are a good formula for success. If I were going to have to pick the top program in Northern Kentucky in five years, I'm thinking Ryle might be the choice.

Closed districting will always get in the way. The next redistricting in Boone County will see Boone expanding its district into areas now assigned to Ryle and Cooper. Boone is not growing, Ryle and Cooper are.