6A AP Poll

UK#1fanisback

If we are looking three or four years ahead, the team to watch out for is Ryle. Boone County has decided that Ryle will become a super school and student population is going to increase past 2,000. Good demographics, good football program and increasing numbers are a good formula for success. If I were going to have to pick the top program in Northern Kentucky in five years, I'm thinking Ryle might be the choice.

Houses going up every day in Southern Kenton County everyday.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you shout out to be ranked higher or there is a debate about where SK is ranked, the schedule is absolutely a consideration. You can't have it both ways.

Either schedule better teams and continue to win, then the respect and rankings will come. Continue to schedule Our Lady of the Blind and SK will continue to be considered a Top 10 team, but never a legit title contender.

I could personally care less about rankings. I personally think SC should be ranked higher than SK but that is about the extent of my thoughts on the AP Poll. SK is a public school that plays on a more populated area so SK plays the 2 teams in their district and the 3 in their neighboring district. I have no problem with that. You can't argue with Highlands being on their schedule and Dixie is a fellow county school that they have to play. They don't play Scott because Scott went to the county and asked to be let out of the SK game requirement. That leaves 3 games. I could see ditching the Bryan Station game but Meade County was a state runner-up 3 years ago so I don't have a problem with that game. The Beechwood game is a head scratcher because Beechwood is 1A but, on the other hand, they are a perennial title contender. That leaves 2 games that I would question. I don't have a say in it but I wouldn't mind scheduling a Scott County or an Ohio school but schedules have to work too. I personnel know that SK has reached out to a few Ohio schools but the schedules don't work so we get what we get. End of thought.

You mad bro?? Yes, I did anticipate them being good. Those players were stud athletes in youth football, basketball and baseball. My kid played with and against many of them. That's what feeder programs are for, right?? SK has one and pretty darn good one. Produced some studs as well. So don't you think they would have anticipated success 3-4 years ago? The scheduling thing is valid. Sorry man, don't pretend I'm the only one bringing it up. Heck I just wondered about Cov Cath. I mentioned nothing about the rest of the schedule. If the shoe fits, right ?? Seriously, people, even you have hit Ryle hard about, "who have they beat??"

Not mad at all but I don't think you could have guessed that CovCath would be as good as they are. I don't care who you are. CovCath has had tons of talent over the last 10 years and couldn't put it together to be a power like they are this year. If you could have predicted that maybe I need to talk to you about some IPO investment advice. Lol!!

I could personally care less about rankings. I personally think SC should be ranked higher than SK but that is about the extent of my thoughts on the AP Poll. SK is a public school that plays on a more populated area so SK plays the 2 teams in their district and the 3 in their neighboring district. I have no problem with that. You can't argue with Highlands being on their schedule and Dixie is a fellow county school that they have to play. They don't play Scott because Scott went to the county and asked to be let out of the SK game requirement. That leaves 3 games. I could see ditching the Bryan Station game but Meade County was a state runner-up 3 years ago so I don't have a problem with that game. The Beechwood game is a head scratcher because Beechwood is 1A but, on the other hand, they are a perennial title contender. That leaves 2 games that I would question. I don't have a say in it but I wouldn't mind scheduling a Scott County or an Ohio school but schedules have to work too. I personnel know that SK has reached out to a few Ohio schools but the schedules don't work so we get what we get. End of thought.

I'm sure they only scheduled Highlands because they knew Highlands would have some down years.