Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sky diving

Featured Replies

Years ago, skydiving was on my list of things to do. Well last year, the eldest TACster decided that is what he wanted for his birthday. Since he was on vacation this week he decided to book it for the 2 of us.

We did the trip to Middletown, Oh. Had some little dude strapped to my back and jumped from 13,500 feet out of a perfectly good airplane. Cold as hell up there! Ears are still not right, but what a great experience. I recommend it for any thrill seeker. Not a cheap day though. Bought the young one a video of his jump. Have not seen it. Looking forward to viewing it.

Any one else done it??

Would have done this in my earlier years but now not so much. The guy strapped to my back might end up with some vomit on him.

Would absolutely love to sky dive. It's on my bucket list.

  • Author

I usually laugh uncontrollably on a roller coaster or the rides on top of the stratosphere in Vegas. I really never got nervous or freaked out. I was sitting by the door and my guy says help me open the door, which I did. Dangled my feet and bam! we were airborne! No time to think about it. I think the free fall lasted about 45 seconds and 4-5 minutes with the chute open. When the chute opens it is so peaceful. Quiet. Chatted with the guy and looked at Gods work from above! The landing was simple as well.

I'm good with my feet firmly planted on mother earth.

No, but I'd love to go to Bridge Day next month in West Virginia, to watch.

My daughter got me this for Christmas. We went to the same place and loved every minute of it. I did get suckered into buying both videos by the wife. An experience you will never forget and hard to explain the rush.

Went static line twice in Waynesville, OH. Absolute adrenaline rush. Loved it. I was in my early twenties then. Got that out of my system, so I don't foresee me doing it again.

Absolutely positively not unless the plane is going down and I will only survive by jumping.

No interest.

 

Also--recently learned of an unfortunate tragedy from that happened a long time ago to a sister of a friend. The details of the event are unforgettable for me.

I did it a few years back with a couple of friends for my birthday. I would do it again in a heart beat, the adrenaline rush when you come out that door is unlike anything in this world.

You do not need a parachute to sky dive.

 

You only need a parachute to sky dive twice.

Always thought it would be a blast. Something kinda weird though... If I was given the choice of having to choose either jumping out of a plane or going to Mars ... I'd choose Mars.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.