Mets @ Reds (8/29 - 8/31)

Hamilton is probably going to win the GG this year, but it's hard to place a value on how much you lose/gain making those types of changes. His OBP is under .300 now which is sadly right at his career AVG. I think we know what we have at this point.

All that speed in Hamilton and Peraza and it is useless at the top of the order. They've combined for a.299 OBP.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last night. Sat 3 rows behind the Reds dugout $85 face value for $16 on stub hub. I've been to 9 games this season. Will probably go to two more.

Triple bobblehead night on 9/16. First basemen - I think Klu, Casey and Votto.

I haven't followed all that close but how often does Peraza hit at the top of the order?

Batting Order:

1st - 39 at bats (.308 avg, .341 OBP)

2nd - 108 at bats (.222 avg, .276 OBP)

6th - 16 at bats (.250 avg, .333 OBP)

7th - 196 at bats (.286 avg, .312 OBP)

8th - 29 at bats (.241 avg, .313 OBP)

9th - 40 at bats (.200 avg, .238 OBP)

There is zero chance Winker can play CF. He's slow and just average defensively.

Schebler can do it, but would be a below average defensive player out there. I get wanting to move on from Hamilton, but I just don't see Schebler as the answer there. He's built to be a 4th OFer IMO.

Could Duvall play Center? I never see anyone throw that out there.

If I were a betting man I would bet the farm the Reds try hard to trade one of or possibly even both Duvall and Schebler in the off season.

I think you try to move both if you can.

Duvall is going to hit 30+ HRs and knock in over 100 runs for the 2nd straight season. He's also going to have an OBP under .300 for the 2nd straight year (or at least he's trending that direction). That's atrocious.