Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitchell Robinson is Returning to WKY

Featured Replies

Looks like someone is finally giving him good advice. Bill Self apparently woke him up in a not-so-nice way.

  • Author

It's very ironic that WKU's logo is a red flag

It's very ironic that WKU's logo is a red flag

 

WKU didn't do anything illegal to get him back. He had 2 options return to WKU and play this year or sit out and see how far is draft status plummeted. It seems like you have a hard time saying anything nice about WKU these days but that's ok. I'm sure there will be some in house obligations and punishments Mitchell has to meet and fulfill before the coaching staff allows him back.

WKU didn't do anything illegal to get him back. He had 2 options return to WKU and play this year or sit out and see how far is draft status plummeted. It seems like you have a hard time saying anything nice about WKU these days but that's ok. I'm sure there will be some in house obligations and punishments Mitchell has to meet and fulfill before the coaching staff allows him back.

 

I'm sure they will treat him the same as they do all of their 5 star recruits.

  • Author
WKU didn't do anything illegal to get him back. He had 2 options return to WKU and play this year or sit out and see how far is draft status plummeted. It seems like you have a hard time saying anything nice about WKU these days but that's ok. I'm sure there will be some in house obligations and punishments Mitchell has to meet and fulfill before the coaching staff allows him back.

 

I'm not accusing them of doing anything illegal at all. I'm just saying the way things have played out over the summer likely raises a lot of red flags for some people.

WKU didn't do anything illegal to get him back. He had 2 options return to WKU and play this year or sit out and see how far is draft status plummeted. It seems like you have a hard time saying anything nice about WKU these days but that's ok. I'm sure there will be some in house obligations and punishments Mitchell has to meet and fulfill before the coaching staff allows him back.

 

Could WKU have "released" him or any other option for him to allow him to play somewhere else this season. Or is this a mandated NCAA rule. Just wondering if WKU had the power if you will to allow him to be able to play somewhere else this season.

WKU didn't do anything illegal to get him back.

 

:lol2: :lol2:

Could WKU have "released" him or any other option for him to allow him to play somewhere else this season. Or is this a mandated NCAA rule. Just wondering if WKU had the power if you will to allow him to be able to play somewhere else this season.

 

WKU granted him his release. But he had already enrolled in two weeks of summer class at WKU (taking financial aid) and participated in nearly two weeks of practices. NCAA was not going to grant him a waiver. He had terrible advice from "handlers" in regards to leaving WKU. His only options were sit a year and play CBB somewhere next year (why would he do that when he is a lotto pick), play overseas, go JUCO, train for the draft, or return to WKU. That last option was clearly his best.

  • Author

Robinson is back but Brangers is no longer a member of the team.

 

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU Hilltopper Basketball freshman center Mitchell Robinson is on campus and enrolled for the fall semester, head coach Rick Stansbury announced Monday.

 

“I’ve said it many times – Mitchell is a good kid who can benefit greatly from the structure and accountability provided to him here,” Stansbury said. “As I stated previously, there are requirements for his return that will be handled internally.”

 

Added Robinson: “I’ve learned from some decisions I’ve made in my life. I accept all responsibility for my actions and look forward to gaining back the respect of all of my coaches, teammates and fans. This is where I want to be, and I want to help the Hilltoppers compete for a championship.”

 

Additionally, after a standard review completed of all WKU transfer students, junior guard Jordan Brangers has not met NCAA transfer requirements and is no longer a member of the Hilltopper program.

 

How to follow the Hilltoppers: For complete information on WKU Hilltopper Basketball, follow the team's social media channels, @WKUBasketball on Twitter, @WKUBasketball on Instagram, and WKU Basketball on Facebook.

I think this is the best option available for him. Too bad he has to survive 6 months of Stansbury.

I will accuse them of doing illegal things. That dude is dirtier than my socks. And it's not even much of a secret how dirty he is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.