Brennan Stanley ruled eligible at Walton Verona.

I will tell you why they should; because they are teenagers ranging from 14-18 and they get this chance one time in their lifetime.

The KHSAA has been losing the battle on transfers as most if not all get turned over in court. I suspect before too long that transfer rules will be gone completely.

But what happens to his former teammates at his other school??? They assumed they were having a chance of a lifetime to play with a great PG, but now he is gone and they will be below average.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what happens to his former teammates at his other school??? They assumed they were having a chance of a lifetime to play with a great PG, but now he is gone and they will be below average.

This thread isn't the place for the discussion, but I think you're a little off-base here.

Why is that on the kid that left? Tell those kids to work harder to get better.

The could transfer if that once in a lifetime chance is that important to them?

Sounds like a great opportunity for them to get better....why would a team mate assume anything about another player carrying them ? If they are below average because a player leaves, that's on the coach and the team to correct, not the player leaving.

It really shouldn't be on him to worry about stuff like this. He has to do what is best for him and what gives him the most fun. His former teammates will be fine and move on.

WV was full of transfers in in the past. They get more than their fair share. But, why wouldn't they. The location is ideal. They pick up kids from Grant, Boone, Ryle, Connor and Kenton. They have had kids from Gallatin and Williamstown. WV offers a kid a chance to be a big fish in a small pond, academics are great, and you are almost in Florence. There football team is full of move ins. I'm not complaining or calling them out, they have a lot to offer.

I'm not sure how far back your talking about (not arguing) but the last several years have all been kids that live in district or have went to WV most of their lives. Also there was a time period that many of the players all transferred to other schools and they had some trying years. Definitely got talent and a little luck on their side. Stanley is the only one that I can think of in many years. Good luck to this group of guys and coaching staff. Will be anxious to see you guys play.

Uhhh its Williamstown, kids come and go from that school quicker than WIC cards at the Rulers.