Brennan Stanley ruled eligible at Walton Verona.

Then why post and bring it up?

Just letting everyone know it was much more than just a basketball transfer.

Believe what you want. But your opinion, if it is that this was solely basketball related, does not equal my knowledge of the facts of the situation.

This will be my last post in this thread.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".

These kids grow up in an era where they see their favorite NBA players jumping teams yearly to create Mega Teams. It's hard for me not to believe this mentality rubs off when the ultimate KY HS basketball players goal is to play at Rupp in the Sweet 16.

These kids grow up in an era where they see their favorite NBA players jumping teams yearly to create Mega Teams. It's hard for me not to believe this mentality rubs off when the ultimate KY HS basketball players goal is to play at Rupp in the Sweet 16.

Anymore, it's hard to get to Rupp without a transfer.

Used to be transfers went away from Walton. With Brannen they're getting them. I'm not mad at Walton or Brannen for taking them, I would too. But people shouldn't come in defending a transfer that is "more than basketball" when it clearly isn't. If Harden was at Williamstown still, then Stanley would be too. I have seen many times when "more talent" transferring in doesn't result in a "better team".

So you know for sure it was clearly a basketball move??

WV was full of transfers in in the past. They get more than their fair share. But, why wouldn't they. The location is ideal. They pick up kids from Grant, Boone, Ryle, Connor and Kenton. They have had kids from Gallatin and Williamstown. WV offers a kid a chance to be a big fish in a small pond, academics are great, and you are almost in Florence. There football team is full of move ins. I'm not complaining or calling them out, they have a lot to offer.

How much better would Kentucky HS basketball be if players would stay in their hometowns and play for their original school?

Kids should go where they want and what is best for them, not what is best for their "hometown".

Kids should go where they want and what is best for them, not what is best for their "hometown".

I would agree with this statement if it were AAU and college basketball, but not high school. If every teenager went and played for whatever high school they wanted to play for then the KHSAA would be a huge mess!

I would agree with this statement if it were AAU and college basketball, but not high school. If every teenager went and played for whatever high school they wanted to play for then the KHSAA would be a huge mess!

I will tell you why they should; because they are teenagers ranging from 14-18 and they get this chance one time in their lifetime.

The KHSAA has been losing the battle on transfers as most if not all get turned over in court. I suspect before too long that transfer rules will be gone completely.