Open Job: Cooper

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if the JV coach put in or not. I was told by a player that he was told by an administrator that the JV coaches quit as well. He asked why and was told because they were not being promoted to varsity. I will say, even though it is hard to believe, I have gotten misinformation from a high school kid before. He was also told that the interview process would be at the end of September.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a little shocked, not because of resume as Coach Bush has a solid coaching resume, but just because it was not a name I was hearing. I am very happy as a Jaguar parent with the hire and glad to hear all of the other coaches as well as some former ones are returning. I think Coach Bush will do very well for the Cooper program. I think the new coach at Beechwood and Coach Bush have both gotten hired into great situations.

Good luck to Coach Bush. He is coming into a good situation with the Jags. He will have arguably the deepest pitching rotation in the region with Walters, Ollier, Reid and Phillips. I'm also hearing Runion is back on the mound with hopes of becoming the closer for the Jags.

Wait a minute...are you serious? Eckerle is coaching at Highlands...really? :wideyed:

He's serious. Really. Eckerle is good friends with Coach Baioni and has a brother who has been teaching art at HHS for years.

He's going to continue teaching at CCH apparently.

I guess he got sick and tired of trying to explain to the CCH head coach that the game has evolved a little in the last 35 years, and that his team won't win region trying to advance runners on bunts at Florence Freedom.

He's serious. Really. Eckerle is good friends with Coach Baioni and has a brother who has been teaching art at HHS for years.

He's going to continue teaching at CCH apparently.

I guess he got sick and tired of trying to explain to the CCH head coach that the game has evolved a little in the last 35 years, and that his team won't win region trying to advance runners on bunts at Florence Freedom.

What a tremendous loss for the CovCath baseball program. Figured Tom would be the heir apparent there.

As an old school guy myself....formerly young as one might call it....there is too much parental involvement. I witness players talking to spectators and parents during the game. Players at the concession stand during the game. Booster programs out of control, and severely lacking budgets. These coaches deserve medals in handling the extra-curricular activities that go far beyond the extreme difficulty in preparing kids to play championship baseball.

Obviously this is pure speculation on your part.