Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Cooper

Featured Replies

I am assuming that there will be a lot of candidates for this position with what Cooper is bringing back. They have to be considered a top 3 team for the region this coming year correct? I would expect a lot of interested applicants. Heck, I don't really know baseball but I might apply just because of the talent.

 

I do feel for Collins, those parents were vicious and no one should have to deal with that. Not very often a guy wins the program's first district title and then feels the pressure to resign. Sounds to me like the parents need to chill out a bit. I wish Coach Collins the best in whatever he decides to pursue and hopefully he it is a little bit more relaxing.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper had some great Coaches at the JV/Frosh level while Jeremy was there. It's a real shame he ran them out.

Cooper had some great Coaches at the JV/Frosh level while Jeremy was there. It's a real shame he ran them out.

 

Why did he run them off?

Exactly what I've heard. Good coaching staff w/ lack of leadership @ top, didn't want to put time in practicing them & laziness. I hope the JV coach returns, takes the job. This talented group & awesome school pride, just needs a head coach that wants to put in 110% into the program. Jags baseball deserve better than they've had! Best wishes for this baseball program!

Oh the wonderful, know it all parents. The downfall of most coaches. It's sad.

Oh the wonderful, know it all parents. The downfall of most coaches. It's sad.

 

Although I'm not a parent, I do have a little insight into this.

I am assuming that there will be a lot of candidates for this position with what Cooper is bringing back. They have to be considered a top 3 team for the region this coming year correct? I would expect a lot of interested applicants. Heck, I don't really know baseball but I might apply just because of the talent.

 

I do feel for Collins, those parents were vicious and no one should have to deal with that. Not very often a guy wins the program's first district title and then feels the pressure to resign. Sounds to me like the parents need to chill out a bit. I wish Coach Collins the best in whatever he decides to pursue and hopefully he it is a little bit more relaxing.

I liked Coach Collins and got Ali g with him great...however with that said,I don't think he said more than 2 words to any parent while our boy played for him his senior year (Which was Collins 1st year there). He just wasn't one who communicated with parents at all. It wasn't until the year after my boy graduated that he actually would talk to us. He just isn't one who likes to communicate with parents at all. I don't remember any parent saying anything to him negatively at all that year. He just wasn't a communicator is all. It was the same in years after with players parents. They always said he never talked to them at all.

 

Just think it was his personality is all. I wish him the best. I always liked him.

Although I'm not a parent, I do have a little insight into this.

 

Must I beg....

A little birdie on the wall said he told his players, "I'm tired of dealing with your parents." No idea if that's true or not.

 

That sounds like a Coach Krump comment.

 

CCH has an open Assistant Varsity coaching position.

That sounds like a Coach Krump comment.

 

CCH has an open Assistant Varsity coaching position.

 

Who left CCH

Who left CCH

 

Eckerle.

Coach Eckerle is still teaching at CCH but is not returning to the baseball program.

  • Author

I am a parent of a Cooper player and do not understand the few comments about parents being an issue or his downfall. Maybe I was in the dark but I did not see any "major" parent issues with Coach Collins. I can say that he was definitely not well liked by at least the majority of the parents. As mentioned in another post he did not communicate, or even respond at times to a wave or hello.

I did not see anything at the ninth region tournament game other than one parent that was upset over his kid not playing and sitting the bench. The only other issue I had seen all year was at CCH in front of his family a parent had yelled out a negative comment when he illegally substituted with a DH in place. I felt really bad because I know that both of his kids heard the comment.

I wish Coach Collins the best and had no real issue with him. Hopefully he will find a better situation for himself if that is what he desires and Cooper can find a great candidate to lead their program.

Homestretch, you seem like to parent that coaches would like to have more of, not really meddling in the business of the team and the Head coach. supporting your child.

From what I have heard the Cooper baseball parents have been meddling thru two regimes so far. Maybe one of those guys should step up and apply for the job. Step up and put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Butterfingers
spelling

Coach Eckerle is still teaching at CCH but is not returning to the baseball program.

 

He is coaching at Highlands...How crazy is that? Lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.