AJ McCarron on the Move?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets traded I hope

he wins 6 SB's and goes straight to the HOF. He's the best qb on the Bengals roster and best leader and continues to be forced to hold the clipboard for a QB that has yet to show he can win a big game.

Welcome back. I have missed you

Jeff Driskell may make the Bengals more willing to accept a trade.

Lets get through the 3rd pre season game first. If anything it does make the next 2 weeks interesting for the whole game because we'll all be anxious to see how Driskell does.

This... I don't get the love affair with him.

Bama. He's a "winner" as a lot of people like to point out. I think AJ would be a very competent starting QB in the league. But all of the other nonsense about being a "winner", the team responding to his leadership, etc. is just that, nonsense. Andy is the leader of this football team and I think he is doing a damn good job, but as we all know everyone's favorite player is the backup QB. If Andy went down I feel very confident that AJ could step in and fill the shoes like he did 2 years ago. He doesn't make this team any better like a lot of people on here act like he would.

Bama. He's a "winner" as a lot of people like to point out. I think AJ would be a very competent starting QB in the league. But all of the other nonsense about being a "winner", the team responding to his leadership, etc. is just that, nonsense. Andy is the leader of this football team and I think he is doing a damn good job, but as we all know everyone's favorite player is the backup QB. If Andy went down I feel very confident that AJ could step in and fill the shoes like he did 2 years ago. He doesn't make this team any better like a lot of people on here act like he would.

I'm sorry but Andy is no leader. How often do you even hear players talk about their backup qb having the It factor but yet not say that about their starting an. There were players just two years ago saying that on the Bengals about McCarron.

I don't think people can argue that Dalton has played on some of the most talented teams in Bengals history. Yet still as we have seen in the big moments in prime time games or playoff games he doesn't step up or make plays to help the team win. Now games at 1 and 4 o'clock he is great though.

Put things in perspective. Look at McCarrons numbers in just 4 starts, without having nearly the reps as Dalton with the 1st team and not having Eifert for two of those games. So yes it is very reasonable to think McCarron also would do very well with this talent around him if he was the guy. Then also he may step up more in the big games than Dalton. We already seen one example of that in the playoff game. While looking very Dalton playoff like for 3 quarters, he did make the plays to put them in position to win when it mattered most.

Maybe he wouldn't do well. There is no guarntee, but I know I am at that point where I am willing to take that chance to see if that is what gets us to take the next step. After 6 seasons that hasn't happened with Dalton and quite honestly hasn't even been close to happening with how poor Dalton is in the playoffs.

I'm sorry but Andy is no leader. How often do you even hear players talk about their backup qb having the It factor but yet not say that about their starting an. There were players just two years ago saying that on the Bengals about McCarron.

I don't think people can argue that Dalton has played on some of the most talented teams in Bengals history. Yet still as we have seen in the big moments in prime time games or playoff games he doesn't step up or make plays to help the team win. Now games at 1 and 4 o'clock he is great though.

Put things in perspective. Look at McCarrons numbers in just 4 starts, without having nearly the reps as Dalton with the 1st team and not having Eifert for two of those games. So yes it is very reasonable to think McCarron also would do very well with this talent around him if he was the guy. Then also he may step up more in the big games than Dalton. We already seen one example of that in the playoff game. While looking very Dalton playoff like for 3 quarters, he did make the plays to put them in position to win when it mattered most.

Maybe he wouldn't do well. There is no guarntee, but I know I am at that point where I am willing to take that chance to see if that is what gets us to take the next step. After 6 seasons that hasn't happened with Dalton and quite honestly hasn't even been close to happening with how poor Dalton is in the playoffs.

Of course two years ago when the Bengals are on pace to have the greatest regular season in franchise history the players are going to talk about McCarrons leadership because they needed him to keep the season going. Of course they will pump him up. I'm not doubting his leadership abilities, I'm doubting the whole "winner" mentality that people always bring up about him. Not that he isn't a winner, I just don't think it matters. Andy is a better QB. Stronger arm, makes better decisions, and is equally as much of a winner. Just because McCarron went to Bama and Andy went to TCU doesn't mean McCarron is any more of a winner. Andy is the leader of this team. Maybe he has grown stale for a lot of fans, but he hasn't grown stale on the team. Like I said everyone's favorite player is the backup QB.

Damn good job of taking the team nowhere. That is what Andy has done.

I hope the Bengals cut Driskell and the Steelers pick him up.
They like Landry as the #2, drafted Dobbs. It's not happening. Maybe they can also pick up your former FSU kicker Aguayo who was just axed by the Bucs and has to be in the running for worst draft bust in history.