AJ McCarron on the Move?

Damn good job of taking the team nowhere. That is what Andy has done.

We have very different definitions of nowhere, so while you keep waiting for Tom Brady to walk through the door I'm busy worrying about giving Andy the weapons he needs to succeed at an even higher level than he already has. AJ McCarron would not provide anything for this team that Andy can't or already hasn't. All of the measurables point to Andy, all of the immeasurables are exactly that immeasurable. You seem to act like AJ is this great leader, and I'm sure he is I'm not doubting that, but it's not like the Bengals played inspired football the last 4 games of 2015. They played lackluster against a crappy 49ers team, subpar against the Super Bowl champs, lackluster against the Ravens, and even though they should have won they played like dog crap against the Steelers too. But yeah AJ just inspired the team the whole way in a way Andy can't because Andy isn't a leader. Give me a break.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course two years ago when the Bengals are on pace to have the greatest regular season in franchise history the players are going to talk about McCarrons leadership because they needed him to keep the season going. Of course they will pump him up. I'm not doubting his leadership abilities, I'm doubting the whole "winner" mentality that people always bring up about him. Not that he isn't a winner, I just don't think it matters. Andy is a better QB. Stronger arm, makes better decisions, and is equally as much of a winner. Just because McCarron went to Bama and Andy went to TCU doesn't mean McCarron is any more of a winner. Andy is the leader of this team. Maybe he has grown stale for a lot of fans, but he hasn't grown stale on the team. Like I said everyone's favorite player is the backup QB.

You realize those quotes of players saying that were before the 2015 season before he even played a snap and before Dalton got hurt. Players were quoted saying that before he played a single game. You dont see people talk about a backup qb having the it factor unless they truly believe it. Which you haven't heard people say that about Daltons leadership. They say the status quo of he is our qb. He knows the playbook so well, great teammate, works hard. How many times do you hear a coach have to say about his qb after 6 years ok it's Daltons time to step up and be the leader of this team once Whit left. A left tackle shouldnt have been the leader of this team. Dalton should have grabbed that leadership role on his own from Whit after his first or second season. I don't think McCarron would have had a problem making it his team if he got to truly be the guy.

There is a difference in players who have the mindset for the big moments. 1 o'clock and 4 o'clock Dalton is a top 10 NFL qb. However after 6 NFL seasons prime time Dalton against good and even bad teams and playoff Dalton hasn't looked like even a top 20 qb in those games.

At the end of the day yes the whole team needs to play well in those games. However sometimes you need your qb to make a play to help turn things around in those games. That doesn't happen with Dalton. In fact his play also seems to get worst in those moments and 6 years of nfl data shows that.

While McCarron has a very small sample size of 4 games. 2 of those 4 games came in situations Dalton struggles at. Prime time games and playoff games. McCarron had the Bengals leading most of the game on the road against the eventual super bowl champs in the Broncos. Then the playoff game he looked Dalton like for 3 quarters and didn't so much. However unlike Dalton he turned around and made what would have been game winning football plays in that 4th quarter until Hill decided to fumble it away.

I can't guarntee McCarron would do great. I'm just willing to take that chance. Because after 6 years our qb in Dalton doesn't look good in those moments we need him to if we ever want to take that next step.

We have very different definitions of nowhere, so while you keep waiting for Tom Brady to walk through the door I'm busy worrying about giving Andy the weapons he needs to succeed at an even higher level than he already has. AJ McCarron would not provide anything for this team that Andy can't or already hasn't. All of the measurables point to Andy, all of the immeasurables are exactly that immeasurable. You seem to act like AJ is this great leader, and I'm sure he is I'm not doubting that, but it's not like the Bengals played inspired football the last 4 games of 2015. They played lackluster against a crappy 49ers team, subpar against the Super Bowl champs, lackluster against the Ravens, and even though they should have won they played like dog crap against the Steelers too. But yeah AJ just inspired the team the whole way in a way Andy can't because Andy isn't a leader. Give me a break.

Hmmm let's see Eifert didn't play in 2 of those games. We already know the difference he makes when he doesn't play. McCarron had zero reps with the first team all season and was running the scout offense rather than getting to run the Bengals plays. So do you truly feel the Bengals really were going to be able to just open things up.

Subpar against the super bowl champs? If that was subpar with McCarron leading them on early scoring drives against that defense to have a lead most of the game. What do you call all of Daltons prime time and playoff games then? We're not ever usually even winning in those games with Dalton.

The Steelers game. Daltons record against the Steelers, his record in prime time and playoff games. Shows most likely we don't even have a chance that game with him. While McCarron who didn't play well for 3 quarters. Did make the plays at the end. Which is what you need your qb to do. With Dalton when things go bad or he starts games off poor. He rarely ever turns it around.

So while the inmeasurables don't matter much to you. Those do matter when it comes to winning those big moment games under the lights and playoffs.

Driskell isn't going anywhere. They'll keep 3 QBs.

I don't know, it would be tough to keep 3 this year. Especially if they decide to keep 7 wrs, which has been talked about. They have so much competition at wrs, rbs, DL, and in the secondary. They will have to cut a guy who could contribute more than a 3rd string qb would.

With that said with McCarron possibly gone after this year. They wouldn't want to lose Driskell. It will be very interesting in who they cut.

Personally four guys I would cut are veterans Michael Johnson, Cedric Peerman, Adam Jones, and Brandon Lafell. I feel like they have enough young talent at wr. I rather they keep the young guys rather than cut one or keep 7.

Problem is I think the Bengals waited to long to make the decision. Andys stock continues to fall. Gotta pick one and ride out the next 5 years. Will either win a superbowl? How long is Brady going to play, till he retires, nope.

I don't think Daltons stock has fell at all. Plus with this talent Dalton should have a great regular season. Especially with 14 games at 1 or 4. So they could get a lot for him if they did decide to trade Dalton after this year if they fail again.

I don't think Daltons stock has fell at all. Plus with this talent Dalton should have a great regular season. Especially with 14 games at 1 or 4. So they could get a lot for him if they did decide to trade Dalton after this year if they fail again.

Teams that are contenders wont want him, cant win the big games. Average teams like the bengals might, your talk 6 to 7 teams top. The sucky teams would rather draft the rising star from college.

Only way Andy brings a return now is if an injury happens, say Ryan in ATL goes down, then maybe you get some good draft picks.

Teams that are contenders wont want him, cant win the big games. Average teams like the bengals might, your talk 6 to 7 teams top. The sucky teams would rather draft the rising star from college.

Only way Andy brings a return now is if an injury happens, say Ryan in ATL goes down, then maybe you get some good draft picks.

If Minnesota gives up what they did for Sam Bradford who has done nothing and injury prone. Then Dalton would get a team to give up a lot.

I don't know, it would be tough to keep 3 this year. Especially if they decide to keep 7 wrs, which has been talked about. They have so much competition at wrs, rbs, DL, and in the secondary. They will have to cut a guy who could contribute more than a 3rd string qb would.

With that said with McCarron possibly gone after this year. They wouldn't want to lose Driskell. It will be very interesting in who they cut.

Personally four guys I would cut are veterans Michael Johnson Cedric Peerman, Adam Jones, and Brandon Lafell. I feel like they have enough young talent at wr. I rather they keep the young guys rather than cut one or keep 7.

If Driskell plays well the rest of the preseason they would be stupid to cut him. He would be claimed off of waivers within an hour. If they simply can't keep 3 then at least get a pick for him or something. No reason to not get anything in return.